Modified "Super-Mini's" for the TBT!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TXtourplayer, Oct 24, 2006.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

For those of you who haven't ever played in my "Super-Mini" tournaments, they are a smaller tournament (only 54 players), but with higher entry fees.

We play 6 per table X 9 tables, with top 2 from each table advancing to the next round. Then 18 players on 3 tables of 6, 2 advancing to the finals from each table, with all six players making money.

Well I modified that format for land based satellites for the TBT. Instead of the normal $300 to $500 entries I normally charged for the "Super-Mini's" I will lower the entry fee's down to $45 per player and every player who makes the final table will win their $370 entry into the main event.

I am hoping that most of the host properties will allow me to host about 3 to 4 of these two round satellite
    events the day before the main events.

I believe two good things will happen if we are allowed to host these satellites:

1) It will be a draw for players to come in a day earlier and have a chance to win their $370 entry for as little as $45.

2) It will allow locals who may not play at the $370 entry a chance to win the their $370 entry and by doing so build up the prize pool by have extra players.

Just think 4 satellite events would bring in 24 players to the main event, that is $6,000 added to the monthly prize pool and and extra $1,200 to the end of the year championship tournament.

I will also offer this same format avalible for online satellites (at a few locations) once we have the TBT ready to start. Of course the online satellites will only be allowed as long as they are legal for players in the United States.

I am also trying to get the online sites to host even smaller events such as $5 satellites where all the finalist can win their $45 entry in the bigger satellite events.

The TBT seems to be getting closer to kicking off, but I still have a few hurdles to over come. I will keep everybody informed and hopefully I will be able to make an annoucement soon.

2. happybunnytrix

happybunnytrix New Member

Sounds Awsome!!! Keep up the good work!!!