More crud at the Club

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Barney Stone, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Phil Hellmuth doesnt show for the final table of the Beat The Pro game. Some of the players said it was good because we had a better chance to win. I say its Bull Ship. Just more of the same from UBT, JMO. :flame:

2. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Just to update those who do not check the LVA UBT forum.....

On 12/23, Stubbs reported that he never got his $10K TOC entry refund as promised both in that forum
    and in a personal phone conversation with the upper echelon staff at UBT's offices.

The silence from those in power since his post has been deafening.

Heard a song on an oldies station today:

"Fools," said I, "you do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you"
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence

- Simon and Garfunkel, "Sound of Silence"

Sadly, it reminded me of this situation. :cry:

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

The latest I've heard is that UBT payments for the cancelled Barona events will go out on January 3rd or 4th. It is disappointing that this money isn't already in our pockets.

4. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

I havent received my winnings from last 10K poker game from ClubUBT check from playubt. Its well over 21 days since 1099 was received by, from what I remember, an email saying so from playubt. It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since they "awarded" the prize. This, to me, says if I dont get my check tomorrow or Monday I will be paying 2007 taxes for payment in 2008. I emailed clubUBt from their web page yesterday after mentioning it here in a thread last week or so.

fwiw.

5. zweeky

zweeky Member

I saw that Phil Hellmuth is scheduled again for Beat the Pro on January 6th. Ken Einiger is scheduled for December 30th.

6. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Hows about this

They make a new game for those cheated out of a chance to play Phil last time. They pay Phils charity 500$ for him no showin. etc.:flame: :)

7. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Still no payment to me for the 10K poker game last month. I sent of another email to ClubUBT this AM. No response from emails so far.

8. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Club UBT Crud report 12-31

emailing daily now with no response since I started on 12-28. Tomorrow is last day to receive payment in 2007.

9. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

With revelations that TOC entry fee refunds aren't going out until early January, and Barney (plus others I've heard) not being able to get Club prize payments, it appears that someone is stalling payouts until the new year.
    Probably a tax reason, eh?

Of course, who could know, since nobody's telling anyone anything -again? :(

10. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

I really dont see why in the heck you would wait to spend money. I can see holding non 1099 checks for cashing in 2008 but not holding money unless its locked in a money making account until tomorrow. For the players waiting, we just gotta hope they arent banking on a New Years Eve Craps system to finally pay out! LOL Or maybe one of those max limit Video Poker Machines! LOL

11. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

UPDATE !

Marisa from UBT has informed me via email they are a little behind on payments because of Holidays. My check should go out with first bunch after new year. :) Guess they just bought another 2 weeks. This should mean I WILL NOT GET 1099ed for 2007.

12. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Woo Hoo! A promise from UBT! :celebrate

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

13. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Removing Crud Alert

WE HAVE PAYMENT. ARRIVED AT 2:30PM PST AND JUST HANDED TO ME

I REPEAT, CRUD ALERT DEACTIVATED

PLAY ON

CLUBUBT ROCKS!

:celebrate :cheers: :band:

14. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

More and MORE CRUD

If anyone was to read LAV.com and a board left as a child's play toy you will find someone has taken to blasting me for my Crud thread. For one getting down to the roots of CRUD I was never contacted about Phil Hellmuth not participating in the game I won F'ing privilege to play in. But then the smoke and mirrors gets smokier. Now Im accused of saying I emailed them this or that what the heck whatever however many times. I posted here as I did contact them. Here is what I posted soon after my first email to clubUBT via their own customer service page that tells the truth of when I sent first email. Mind you I had given them over 3 weeks to send my money.
    http://www.blackjacktournaments.com/bb/showpost.php?p=34495&postcount=4

So, if you were to read all the postings where I mention emailing ClubUBT you will count 3 and thats it I emailed them 3 times. Turns out they posted the check on 12-28 right after I told y'all about my first email.

¢£¢¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ƒ??ƒ???©?¥?©¬??????÷÷÷÷ˆø–ºª•ªºª¶®•¨¥ƒ??¬¨¶©ƒ¬¨ˆ??©?ˆ¥ƒ??†?¥®´¢åß´?†??©??¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥ (paragraph deletd)

I support the Club and recommend it to people. But with that song bird chastising and twisting on the other message dosnt it just fit the mold?

:flame: :flame: :flame:

Now for something valid to chew on. The person on the other board says here is the proof blah smoke blah smoke blah when something like ClubUBT did contact me back. Yeah smart one thats when the actually did contact me FOR THE FINALLY. Read MY postings and you WILL FIND THE TRUTH.

GROWL.

15. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Whoa, there, cowboy. He's only trying to p*ss you off. Don't let him.

Go take a look at Jack Henry and remember what really counts! :D

16. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Good point Nut. As you know as well as anyone he weaves a tangled web. Its to be expected and should be ignored, altho its hard to have someone call you a liar when you have been telling the truth. Maybe he will say sorry. lmao

Jack henry is like a little football on his first night home. I just hope no-one fumbles the ball! :)

17. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

One thing I would strongly recommend. When emailing ClubUBT use your own email source do not use the ClubUBT "fill in" email they offer on their customer service page. This is the page reached from front of game page.

Reason? I have no way of offering proof I emailed them 3 times even tho I did. This way when a rep from UBT goes around calling you a liar you dont have to go to UBT to gather proof he is either lying or misinformed. The rep said at lav.com he can prove I didnt email them 3 times? Go for it. Give us a total log of all ClubUBT emailings. Right. On 2nd thought dont bother. Im sure the Club is happy he is offering tho.

All in all for me this episode at lav.com reinforces my view of the company and the fact they need to gag one of their owner- investors-employee or whatever he is.

BTW, I tried my 'durndest' last night to make it back to the Phil Hellmuth BTP game but mismanaged my aggressive opponent heads up. Ill try again, I want to have a little talk with Phil.

18. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Ive got to follow up here. I contacted the Club this am about the flaming Ive at lasvegasadvisor.com regarding my email to ClubUBT. A rep from ClubUBT has informed me they are reading the thread and concerned about it. They are going thru the emails during the time questioned. My last 2 emails via the customer service page have had immediate acknowledgment receipts sent back with the first 2 having none. Because each of my first 2 emails had a screen that said successful email sent and no acknowledgment email back Im guessing there is a communication breakdown. That is completely acceptable IMO. My most recent emails via customer service page have had quick and polite/profesional replies. They have said they will be in contact with me regarding our communication problems.

Once again I support ClubUBT. I play there. Im probably considered a "good" member because Im polite. For a time I thought I wasnt going to get paid a big prize in the 2007 year but in fact, as I posted, I was paid in 2007. Im perfectly happy with my membership and look forward to playing with many of the nice people there.

Play on :)

19. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Crud 10ft deep

and its brown.

Turns out another of our BJT'ers here has emailed ClubUBT via the customer support page and not received an acknowledgment or answer on first attempt. This tells me ClubUBT doesnt want to talk about money owed or there is a problem with their email service. I think based upon the polite and professional responses I have found when my messages do get thru the problem is with the email service off the customer support page. But the mouth keep a'runnin over at lasvegasadvisor.com UBT thread. Word like Liar flowing freely even tho the policeman is using weak evidence. Now the spout has decided to say records of my chatter with Lou714 can be found. I say open them to the public I give you permission to show our chat between Lou714 and JoeP during a poker game at ClubUBT. Let it be seen. Put up or shut up.

How much more will the owners and investors of ClubUBT let this guy go...........?

20. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

They've let that guy go this long, no point in shutting him up now. Damage is done and mostly irreversible.

Barney, I've taken your side thru this, but I have to say one thing.
    You and the "bull in a china shop" over there need to pick one place to discuss this.
    Kind of silly posting references back-n-forth from one forum to another.