More multi-player online blackjack tournaments coming

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KenSmith, Oct 25, 2005.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

2. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Second thids

I firmly believe Tourney Blackjack is going to explode in 2006. With Global-Player.com and now with the UBT allowing online tourneys late in '06. we ALL should have plenty of fruitful opportunities to play competitive blackjack w/out the hassle of flying all around the country.

Sidekick

3. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Here Here

Yes online tournaments is what the blackjack tournaments need to start competing with the poker events. I can only hope the more companies that get into the online blackjack tournaments the better the events will become for the land based events.

Global has been great as a small practice tool, but for some reason they won't make a few changes that would keep them as the top online site.
    The changes are small one, but ones that would make a BIG impack for tournament play. The changes are:

1) Allow DD for less (currently it is only allowed as an all in).

2) Insurance for less (this is not offered).

3) I would also like to see a "Live" online event. (playing with live money)

4) Offer a "Auto" play button. (in case a player had to leave or is knocked off line). This is needed to speed up the games.

5. Offer a true daily, weekly, and monthly events based off of winning percintage and not who play's the most.

Don't get me wrong, I think Global is great (by far the best currently) I just know they could even be better with a few changes and hope they make them before they lose players to other (NEW) sites.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  4. Springbac

Springbac Member

I communicated with Global Player today & was assured that "double for less" is in the works. There are space problems but they are going to "geter dun". No time line but it will happen in the near future.
    :)

5. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I heard that before

Several of us have talked to Global about the DD and insurance for less and were told they would look into it or that they would, this was over 8 months ago.

I hope Global does correct these things, but I am not counting on it getting done anytime soon.

6. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Ubt

I got to sit in the room with the developers for the UBT online site tonight while waiting to do my interview and got to hear some of their discussions about their plans. With all of the activity going on with tournament abilities in the online world it won't be long until they start running satellites to let you into the big ones like the UBT and other multi-million dollar tournaments. It will be totally awesome.

Can't reveal any results from the UBT, but I can assure everyone that this show will rock and you will see some unbelievable hands played, even better than anything you have seen already on TV and that is really hard to believe unless you have been here to see the live action!