Mr ike

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by maxwell, Sep 11, 2008.

1. maxwell

maxwell Member

Houston we have a problem

i live in houston and we are going to have hurricane as of friday and saturday
    we have 7 elderly people to take care of and we are going to just hunker down with the help of a generator that we had to buy in dallas because there are none on the shelf here

i know this is a dumb place to post but i have to vent someway because of the hurricane-pleaser keep us in your thoughts and prayers
    i have been trough plenty of hurricanes but without the worry of others including hurricane carla

thanks for reading my post hopefully i will be back next week depending on conditions here in houston

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Hunker down and be safe. We'll be thinking about you. Check in afterwards and let us know how you are.

3. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

You be careful and stay safe out there, Maxwell. Deb and I will be thinking about you this weekend.
    As Ken said, let everyone here know how you're doing when you're able.

4. FMike756

FMike756 New Member

Ike

Maxwell,

We hope that you and all of those that live on the western gulf coast a safe journey through this monstrous storm. I am also a coast resident and can relate to the worried anticipation and the sometimes devastating results of a storms fury. Be safe .

Mike

5. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

More Ike

Maxwell,
    Don't think we've ever met but I wish you good luck and health!

Billy C

6. maxwell

maxwell Member

thanks everbody
    IT IS 7:20PM HERE IN HOUSTON AND THE LIGHTS ARE ABOUT TO GO OUT ALREADY-SO THIS SHOULD BE MY LAST POST
    I CONSIDER THE FELLOW MEMBERS THAT I HAVE MET TO BE FREINDS AND I THANKYOU FOR YOUR CONCERN AND WELL WISHES
    STRANGELY ENOUGH THE WINDS ARE COMING IN FROM THE NORTH-THE OUTER BANDS I UNDERSTAND THAT EYE OF THE HURRICANE IS NOW 60 MILES WIDE THAT IS A MONSTER WE WILL BE FEELING THIS FOR ABOUT 12-14HOURS NOT MUCH FUN IN THE TEXAS HEAT WITHOUT ELECTRICITY BUT IHAVE MY FAMILY HERE ALONG WITH MY WIFES FAMILY HERE WITH ME AND FOR THAT I AM GRATFULL

RICK THANKS FOR THE CALL I HAVE BEEN VERY BUSY GETTING READY FOR MR IKE
    MAYBE AFTER THIS WE WILL NOT HAVE ANOTHE ONE FOR ANOTHER 20 YEARS
    MY GRAVEST CONCERN IS FOR THE ELDERLY THAT WE TAKE OF-I BELIEVE WE WILL BE OK

7. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

How Are You?

Is everything okay with you guys?

8. KenSmith

Maxwell is likely still without power. Reports are saying that some areas could be without electricity for an entire month. Let's hope for Maxwell's sake that he is not in one of those areas. Check in when you can M.

9. maxwell

maxwell Member

Good morning everybody

monday sept 15th 8:20am

i am to old for this sh_t

i will make a short story of this hurricane because we are very busy with clean up
    i live on the west side of houston and i do not know what really happened with the hurricane but it must have jogged to the east a little bit because we had very light damage but 2miles east and there is major damage but certainly not as much the people in east houston and baytown and of course galveston
    we did fine until the generator went out and we had to evacuate the 7 elderly folks we take of in the middle of the night
    electricity came on sunday at 2:00am but most of houston is without electricity and gasoline a major problem
    i hope that now this over we will not have any more hurricanes for another 25 years

thank you everybody for your concern

ken knows all to well how these hurricanes are
    being in mississippi

hind site being 20/20 i believe we will leave town the next time to scary and too much stress for everybody concerned(a good time to go to vegas and play a tournament or two)

all in all we were blessed in a lot of ways and today we have good cool weather for the ones without electricity

10. KenSmith

That's good news Maxwell. I'm glad to hear you missed the brunt of the damage, and the best news is you're back up and running. I feel for all those people who are in worse situations. Let's hope the cleanup and power restoration go quicker than expected.

11. maxwell

maxwell Member

lights

Just a update houston has half of the town up and running again

a lot of traffic lights out

by monday we should have maybe 75% of electricity restored

we have electric people from all over the united states including the good folks in canada helping-very impressive how the utility companys from all over are getting us back to normal:d:d

FOR THE 4TH LARGEST CITY IN THE US THIS IS A IMPRESSIVE CLEANUP AND RESTORATION FOR THE CITY -THEY ARE DOING A VERY GOOD JOB CONSIDERING WHAT THEY HAVE TO DEAL WITH

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008