Neteller Update for US customers

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KenSmith, Jun 4, 2007.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Today Neteller posted an update about the frozen US accounts.

The full details are here:
    http://content.neteller.com/content/en/member_businessupdate_us.htm

The highlights:
    When will US members get their money back?
    NETELLER currently anticipates that implementation of the Distribution Plan will commence upon the resolution of the USAO investigation. NETELLER has advised the USAO that it will use its best efforts to resolve the investigation no later than July 13, 2007.

How long is the time period that US members can request their funds?
    The plan provides a 180 day period for US members to make an online request for the return of funds using NETELLER's website. This time period starts from when NETELLER announces the commencement of funds distribution. This date has not been announced yet.

What if I do not withdraw my funds?
    Funds that are not claimed by US members through the Distribution Plan will be forfeited by NETELLER in a manner to be determined by the USAO.

How will I withdraw funds from my account?
    US members will be able to request funds either by electronic transfer to the bank account on record with NETELLER if the US member confirms that such account remains valid, failing which such member can request payment by cheque sent to the mailing address as confirmed by such member.

2. KenSmith

3. chash11

chash11 New Member

Another job well done Ken. I believe they are really working on returning my cash. However the proof in the pudding will be when the mail man arrives with check in hand. I'll forgo six months interest just so I can close my account, Thanks again for the update.

4. KenSmith

Today, July 13th, was the date mentioned in the previous update for possible release of the Neteller US member funds. Instead, we get yet another postponement of indeterminate length...

Friday, 13 July 2007 - NETELLER Plc (LSE: NLR), the independent global online payments business, today issued the following statement regarding its progress in resolving the investigation by the United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York (USAO) into the Company.

As stated in the Company’s announcement of 12 July 2007, NETELLER stated that it had advised the USAO that it will use its best efforts to resolve the investigation on or soon after 13 July 2007. The Company believes that it is making significant progress towards achieving a resolution and hopes to be able to announce this within a number of days.

Full press release: http://www.neteller-group.com/press/en/134.htm

Based on the text above, apparently they made an announcement yesterday that still indicated resolution "on or soon after" today. I also notice that US members are no longer able to call their support, instead being forced to use online communications.

5. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

6. KenSmith

Monday is the day US members are supposed to be able to login at Neteller and request a withdrawal. In reading through their latest information, I see this section:

What is the Release?
    When US members request to withdraw the funds they will be asked to agree to a Release which, in broad terms, is an agreement between NETELLER and the member that each releases the other from potential legal claims. US members do not need to agree to the Release in order to request and receive the payment of funds. However, US members who do not agree to the Release will, in turn, not be released by NETELLER.

Any opinions on pros and cons of this choice?

7. Prospect

Prospect Member

I am curious to know what NETELLER can sue its members for.

8. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

Release

If Neteller is prosecuted by the US government - could it defend itself - or sue Americans who use that service - on the grounds that its customers defrauded neteller? induced Neteller to engage in an illegal activity? maybe they are protecting themselves against possible sting operations?

9. tgun

tgun Member

Neteller

I just finished withdrawing my funds via EFT. I should see the funds in my bank in a couple of business days.

With crossed fingers,
    tgun

10. jpennell

jpennell New Member

Neteller Withdrawal

Thanks for the heads up tgun. I just withdrew as well.

Jon

11. pokernut

pokernut New Member

Same here, I had already kissed the money goodby. Up to three business days and we may be reunited.

12. chash11

chash11 New Member

Also used EFT transfer withdrawal method.Takes three business days to land in account. Read the release clause and had no reason to not accept the terms.

13. pokernut

pokernut New Member

I have been reunited, 1 day service -fastest time ever.

14. KenSmith

Wow! Me too! The money hit my account today. (Insert Snoopy dance here)

15. thrasht

thrasht New Member

Got mine

I didn't put my request in until late on Monday but the money was deposited sometime last night and waiting for me this morning. Excellent!

16. chash11

chash11 New Member

AUGUST 1st. a great magical day

What a day (AUG>1ST.) cash back from Neteller and low and behold also received my first ALL IN magazine. Just unbelievable. I'm really on a roll can now graduate from 25 cent to dollar Vidio poker machines.