New club tv show

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Lil Sissy, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Lil Sissy

Lil Sissy Banned User

Just wanted to pass on the great news that Joe Pane just posted on Las Vegas Advisor!

As I Promised from more than 6 months ago its now official and I can announce it. A brand new TV show where your ONLY chance to win a seat on this TV show can only be accomplished on the CLUB.

The first tournaments to win your seat will take place on Sundays Sept 3 ,10,17 and the 24th

Following that a tournaments to win your way to this TV Show will run every day of the week on the Club except on Wednesdays.

6 winners per show for 6 shows for the first season so 36 lucky Club members will be playing on TV

The winners will be flown to Los Angeles where the shows will be taped.There will be a quick turnaround of the showing of these shows on Fox Sports as the first one will air on Sunday Sept 14 2008

So being a Club member just became more valuable,all this for $19.95 per month.

Here is the official press release

WPTE has aligned with Fox Sports Net (a division of News Corporation) in a deal involving WPT's online assets. WPTE and FSN will kick off their collaboration in September with the creation of a television series based on WPTE's subscription and sweepstakes game offering, CLUBWPT.com.
    Each week, players will have multiple chances to win a seat in the TV series by playing in poker and blackjack tournaments on CLUBWPT.com. Weekly episodes telecast nationally on FSN will feature a new final table with CLUBWPT.com members battling it out on the felt for cash prizes.
    Conducted under United States sweepstakes rules, CLUBWPT.com is a subscription-based online club offering daily poker and blackjack events targeting the estimated 60 million poker players in the United States. Players receive points to play in over 4000 live poker and blackjack tournaments, sit-n-go's and ring games for a chance to win over $100,000 in cash and prizes each month, including $10,000 seats into World Poker Tour main events. For a $19.95 monthly subscription, CLUBWPT.com members receive additional benefits including magazine subscriptions, travel and entertainment discounts in Las Vegas and other VIP content. To get details on how to join CLUBWPT.com, for information on alternative means of entry or to get a two-week free trial, visit www.CLUBWPT.com.
    "FSN takes pride in its progressive approach to programming and is pleased to be the new home for the World Poker Tour. The WPT is synonymous with big event poker and is a firmly established household brand," said George Greenberg, FSN Executive Vice President of Programming and Production. "The marriage is perfect."
    "FSN is a reigning media giant whose unparalleled energy and resources will benefit CLUBWPT.com on a whole new level. We look forward to building our relationship with them and establishing additional deals to help reach the huge market potential that CLUBWPT.com holds," said Steve Lipscomb, WPT Founder, President and CEO.
    FSN's 16 owned-and-operated regional networks and its affiliated networks reach more than 80 million homes across the U.S. In addition to the CLUBWPT.com television series, FSN will exclusively broadcast 26 all-new episodes from World Poker Tour Season VII.
    No purchase is necessary for the Club sweepstakes and the service is void in states where prohibited. For full details go to www.CLUBWPT.com.

In January 2008, the company launched CLUBWPT.com, an innovative subscription-based online poker club targeted to the estimated 60 million poker players in the United States and currently offered in 38 States.

FSN is the nation's leading provider of local sports. FSN's 16 owned-and-operated regional networks and its affiliated networks reach more than 80 million homes across the U.S. FSN serves as the TV home to nearly two-thirds of all MLB, NHL and NBA teams based in the United States. FSN also produces close to 5,000 live local events each year, including more than 1,600 in high definition. In addition to its thousands of home team games and a wide variety of locally produced sports programs, FSN televises national sports events and programs, including Pac-10 and ACC basketball and Pac-10 and Big 12 football.

There is even more great news coming in the near future about the Club and when I'm given the green light to bring it to you I will.

Hope to see you on TV

Joep

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Is this all poker?

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I guess I'll answer my own question after looking around a bit. Yes, this is a televised poker tournament.

4. angelrun5

angelrun5 Member

Question on the TV show

Are these show's being run by the same people who ran the last TV show's stating you will be on TV, and then never showing them or giving that person who was taped a copy so they could at least show their friends and family?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  5. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

I think these shows are a joint venture between WPTE and Fox Sports..........