News from the Palms

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by KenSmith, Apr 19, 2007.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Hi guys. I've been offline since I left home on Tuesday before dawn, and I've been hammering away at the Palms sit and go and satellite action for the last two days.

I've played a total of 8 SnGs so far, 7 $120s and 1 $540. I've managed three 2nd place finishes, but no firsts yet despite being the favorite on the last hand more than once.

On both Wednesday and Thursday, there were also scheduled $540 Super-Satellite tournaments which award as many $2700 main event seats as the prize pool allows.

On Wednesday, 31 players competed for 5 seats. I was one of the 5 winners, so my $2700 seat is taken care of. Yippee! On Thursday, we had 25 players, and I again made the final table where 4 out of 6 players got $2700 seats (or cash for anyone already in the big event). I ended up as bubble boy, getting swung on the next to last hand and losing the final hand to finish 5th. Instead of $2700, I got $725 cash. Oh well, not bad. Two days, two finals.

Tomorrow is the main event, and I'm expecting to see a lot of extra players coming in from Barona. So far, the SnG play has been pretty steady. Not a bad turnout overall so far. I'm hoping to see 100 or more entries in the main event. We'll see.