Odds for the Thursday Tourney

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by fgk42, Sep 28, 2006.

1. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

The one thing I've noticed is that these "pro" players like, no LOVE, to bet on everything. So in that vein I'm starting a pool on today's Thursday Tourney - I'm ONLY putting down BJT.com people who I know so forgive me if I forget anyone

Name Odds - Advancing to the Final Odds on winning Final Table

Ken Smith 1:3 1:10
    Joep 1:6 1:20
    Hollywood D 1:5.75 1:11.25
    Munchkin 1:8 1:16
    Big Chuck 1:3 1:3
    EastTXpro 1:8 1:16
    Russ 1:4 1:7

FGK 1:150 priceless

For everything else there's Mastercard​
    :laugh:

These are MY odds so don't complain about the rankings. Big chuck got better odds because he's bigger than me and will smack me around if I don't do that :rolleyes:

Russ has such good odds because he has a bankroll to choke a horse and he'll just keep buying back in if he gets knocked out!

HD gets the 3/4 because - well just because he's the ONLY one down here spouting off percentages to screw with people as they're betting - so here's back at ya boss!

My odds - well I'm seen how these guys/gals play and darn it I STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE PURPLE FROM CHOCHLATE CHIPS!

2. elyssez

elyssez Member

Be proud to be the Mastercard, Baby!!

3. Reachy

Reachy New Member

My bet

Why is bigchuck a 1:3 for a final table and 1:3 for the win?

I'll bet £1 on you to make the final table and £10 on Ken to win. What odds are you putting on Ken E?

Cheers

Reachy

4. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

1. Why those odds on Big Chuck? Do you know WHY they call him BIG Chuck? I feel like a shrimp next to the guy so to protect myself (in case he reads this) THAT's why. Plus he had the balls to play at the 1,000 table and he has won at least 2 sit-n-go's that I know of!

2. What about Kenny E? Ok I forgot about him I don't see how as he is running around in his bright yellow shirts! :eek: I haven't seen Ken E play since I've been here - been too busy playing and watching players at my tables but since he's Joep's buddy, not to mention the ex-World BJ champ

Kenny E odds final table 1:4 win final table 1:4

5. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

How do you become the "World Champ"???

lol

6. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

My odds should be improving. I advanced from my initial table, where the final hand was a showdown between me, Big Chuck, and Annie Duke. I play the next round at 7 PM.

7. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

UPDATED ODDS

Ken Smith 1:2 1:2
    Joep 1:10 1:40
    Hollywood ELIMINATED NOPE
    East TX pro 1:10 1:45
    Russ: NOT PLAYING
    Kenny E: 1:10 1:4
    FGK ELIMINATED NOPE

I don't know about the others - BTW this is a non-scientific poll based soley on my PERSONAL observations :rolleyes:

8. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I'm out. On the last hand of the semifinals, it's down to me and one other player. Neither of us have a secret bet left. He has the button, and goes all-in with $22,000. I match his $22,000 and leave $3250 unbet. Pretty good spot, eh?

He gets a snapper. Game over for me and he's at the final table. First place tonight paid $21,000. I left before it was over, and didn't even bother noting who all made the final table:
    Here are three who did: Anthony Curtis, Annie Duke (she rebought after I beat her earlier), Bryan Micon (snapper guy!)

9. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Congratulations AC

That's two finals so far this week and it's only Thursday!:eek:

10. Venture

Venture Member

Odds?

Maybe we could get JoeP and Big Tex involved in your odds making system?

That should prove lively.