OMG Venetian I've made the final Table

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by bjmace, Jul 15, 2007.

1. bjmace

bjmace Member

It's 6:25am in Vegas, In less then 3 hours time i will be playing the final table of this televised UBT event, 3 Days ago i was still in the UK and was still in half a mind if i was even going to come here, The air fares had gone through the roof and some how flying 11 hours to stay in Vegas for 3 days with the chance of being eliminated in round 1 just to fly back home well it seemed like a long shot to say the least!
    In the end with encouagement from sweetteabird (Tammy) who told me I had to come and a couple of other players that wanted to meet me that swung me into flying.
    Yesterday after getting beat on a killer of a last elimination hand in round 1 (was br1 and everyone swung me) i found myself in the 2nd chance round which all eliminated round 1 people got to go in, This time Mace done the stuff needed and after this I fought myself through Round 2,3, and the Semi Finals had some great games was seated With Monica Reeves twice, Robert Blackman and other big names. Tammy also made the semi Finals but got beat on a terrible bad beat of a last hand.
    So Here i am woke up a few hours ago partly jetlag and partly excitment i guess and will be joining amongst others Fred (FGK42), Monica Reeves, Christian, and the playubt April Final seat freeroll winner on the final table, around $160k in prize money(110 people entered @$1500 pp) and a $10k seat at the tournament of champions in Barona in Nov which has a guranteed $1m first prize, All being televised for Season 3 UBT.
    Where ever i come i will be more then happy this is just a dream come true, I'm still just in total shock, Only my second ever EBJ land event, A big thank you to all the friends i have made at bet21 my new family as i think of you all, All who have encouraged me and given me belief in myself, A real Special thankyou to Tammy and Joe P who are simply the greatest friends i could ever want and have been amazing on both my visits recently.
    Now my audience awaits

2. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Congrats Mace.....

Are my eyes blurry, is what I read true? FGK final table! YES! Guess he took down HD and crew! :D Go get them FGK!

3. marichal

marichal Member

congrats bjmace. great to feel your excitement for your big moment. hang in there, you will do just fine. heck, after you win this event, come to seattle with andy 956 at the end of sept., to play the tourney. just to tell you, (don't tell anyone else), that, seattle is a tad bit more scenic than the lovely las vegas.

again, congrats to you and fgk. wtg!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  4. eliburk

eliburk New Member

cool

wish I would've gone and been able to meet you - I guess I will be anxiously awating the tv version :) congrats - ps since all you people were there I wanted to thank you for letting me win a couple of ub tourneys this weekend

5. zweeky

zweeky Member

WOW! Great news, congrats and enjoy the fun.

6. Archie

Archie New Member

Congratulations

to you and Fred for advancing so far against top notch competition. That's a final I want to see whenever it's showed on tv.

I'm happy to see that all the efforts (and money) these two gentlemen put out to compete against the pros are duly rewarded.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  7. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

How long do we I mean I have to wait for the results, FGK won right?

8. bjmace

bjmace Member

amazing

guys we all signed contracts and can't give results on forum was the most amazing UBT match ever, has been totally amazing feel like a celebrity here now, Everywhere i go in Venetian people are stoping me have been asked for autographs is just unreal. You can PM we of course!

9. maxwell

maxwell Member

ubt

CONGRADS TO BOTH YOU AND FGK ON YOUR FINAL TABLE WINS:celebrate :celebrate
    GIVE US THE DETAILS WHEN YOU CAN

10. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

Congrats to both you and Fred...

Fred wont post here anymore because he didnt care for the way his Challenge to HD post was removed after HD basically slamed his charaqcter, skill,etc...

Hopefully Fred got his side bet in with HD although I doubt the "PRO" put up when it was actually time to.

Can we assume Mace won ...why else would anyone want an autograph?

Glad that these two fine players got to the finals....maybe some new stars in the making ...Mr Bellinkoff take note...we are getting tired of seeing some of the same old invites to your big show....just becasue someone mugs alot and talks an endless line doesnt mean everything he or she says isnt all smoke and mirrors.

There is publicty based skill and real skill...our two memebrs (I think Fred is still a member)here defintly earned the table based on skill of play not who they know or how they look.

Congrats guys!!!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  11. toonces

toonces Member

Toonces made it too!!!!

I'm sure it was just an oversight, but Yours Truly made the final table as well as BJMace and FGK!

I had an awesome time! I first played in the Super Satellite on Friday against BJMace (I think?) Robert Blechman, and Joe Pane. Three out of 6 advanced, including myself. In the second round, 2 of 6 would win their $1500 entry for the next day and I won that as well. So the tournament only cost me $275!

In Round 1 on Saturday, I started at a table with Phil Hellmuth. True to form, he arrived late. Sadly, it was one hand late. But on the first elimination round, as LB1, he took a table low instead of taking the middle and was eliminated when the dealer busted. And no, he did not suddenly disapperate like his commercial. This round started with about 113. 60 advanced from Round 1, and another 30 advanced in the "Second Chance" round, for a total of 90.

In Round 2, 2 advanced out of 6. I was at a table with Christian (can't remember his last name) with position on him, and he got very frustrated with my bets after him. But, as it turned out we both advanced. That took us from 90 to 30.

In Round 3, 2 advanced out of 5 to go from 30 to 12. I was in the 2 seat. In the 3 seat was Blair Rodman. Sweetteebird (Tammy) was in the 4 seat and John Nessmer (sp?) a very good player who I did not know of, but most people did was in the 5 seat. The final 3 were Blair, Tammy and me. Tammy went all in and got a stiff, which allowed me to take a huge safe DD for $30,000 and guarantee a spot in the semis. Tammy also advanced and Blair was eliminated.

At our semifinal round, Marlin (a local player and one of the only ones at the final table not from here or bet21), BJMace and I all advanced, but i cant remember any great stories. I do know I would have been eliminated on the last hand, had LB1 have gone small. But he went all in and busted in the 1st position, so my agonizing over 16 v 9 and a big bet out was in vain.

The final table was an awesome experience, but as BJMace mentioned, we can't talk about it publicly.

12. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Way to go toonces! Backing up your top rate bet21 record with a live game final table! Great news.

13. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

Congratulations!
    That is great news for all the BJT.com members who made it. Can't wait to see the final table.

14. bjmace

bjmace Member

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry Toones my original post was done on 4am day of final and could not remember your ID, No Rando have sent you pm with whole story but with one of the biggerst televised come backs ever think the audience just fell in love with me lol :p

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  15. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Toonces did you play the Golden Nug as well?

16. toonces

toonces Member

Mace, I figured that you wrote the first post before really meeting me, so I understand.

Barney, I ended up not playing in the Golden Nugget tournament. I went to register and the only times they had left for Saturday was noon and 12:45PM. Those were going to conflict with the first round of the UBT, so I had to pass on that.

It was a good thing too. The final UBT table commitment lasted from 8:00 AM to about 2:00 PM. I would have definitely missed out on the GN tourney. Fred had entered and paid for his rebuy for Sunday morning, and he was a no-show due to playing in the final table. He didn't seem that upset about losing the $100.

17. bjmace

bjmace Member

Thanks to everyone for all the pm's great messages and post's i still can't believe it, If you have not been behind the scenes of the making of a UBT episode you can not possibly belive what goes into it, The av equipments lighting, props etc blew all our minds away, Must be around 50+ people working on making show all day long is totally unreal. Would have loved to come to seattle but clashes with a 31 day cruise i am going on, but let me know next time and will make a guest appearence :D again thanks everyone has been superb but now need some sleeep ;)

18. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

Congrats to Toonces as well!!! 3 strong online players have shown that they have an A and a B game...

Gonna be a great show when it hits the air.

19. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

I've got to add my congratulations and WayToGo's to FGK, Toonces, and BJMace for making that final table.
    Hell, congrats to all 7 players! Sounds like it'll be one helluva show.

BJMace, you sound like a rookie to production of a bigtime TV show, as I also was in January. It truly is an amazing thing, seeing how it is done. One would never imagine that so many people are involved behind the scenes!

20. bjmace

bjmace Member

and then there was Miss America:gaga: