On a final table roll (sort of!)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KenSmith, May 20, 2012.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Well, another final table, and little moolah to show for it.

I made the final table at Coushatta's $30K BJT in Kinder, LA last night.
    It was a pretty tough format of 1 advance first round, 1 advance semifinals, and no rebuys or wild cards. Attendance of close to 300.

With three hands to go I needed to win 2 max bets, so was happy to be dealt A3 v 5. The double lost though, and that sealed my fate as last place and $500 winner.

So far this year, I've played in 3 major events and 2 minor events. I made the final table in 3 of them. (60%!) Unfortunately, final tables have not been kind. I have two 6th place finishes and one 2nd, but the 2nd place finish paid only $120!

2. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

Final Table Futility

Ken

My personal final table futility record:

I had a stretch were I got to four final tables in four tournaments, in a row. Very happy to do this well, of course. Hah. With four hands to go, at each of the final tables, I was first or second in chip count. At all four of these tables, I lost the last four hands, and was the only player to do so. Results, two 7th, one 6th, one 5th. The sixth was because a player went all in on the next to last hand, and lost, thereby giving me 6th place. The 5th was because several players betting before me went all in, so I kept back one chip, had no chance to win anyway, the chip would make no difference. Two of the all in players lost, giving me 5th, because of the one chip kept back. Sometimes the blackjack gods just hate you.

3. gronbog

gronbog Top Member

Congrats Ken!

After a drought of a couple of years, I made 4 final tables last year (out of 10 events). I managed two second place and two last place finishes. Unfortunately one of the last place finishes was at St Ignace last summer with several folks from here in attendance and watching. :eek:

A few years ago I made the final table of the last Masters of Blackjack Championship tourney at the Fallsview in Niagara Falls ($125,000 CDN first prize!) only to finish 6th ($2,500). :(