One more post....

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by Reachy, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Reachy

Reachy New Member

...and I'm a senior member of this forum :D

When do I get my badge?

Cheers

Reachy

2. Reachy

Reachy New Member

I've done it!!

Officially a senior member as of now.

Cheers

Sir Reachy

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

If you make it to Aruba, you get free tuna fish and twinkies.
    Congrats!

4. Reachy

Reachy New Member

I have no idea what Twinkies are!

I often hear them refered to on the many US imports shows shown on UK TV (which I love) but have no idea what they are. I'm guessing they are some kind of cake saturated in sugar. Am I close? I really must try one, I just love the roller coaster of a sugar/insulin crash!

Over here the word Twinkie can have another meaning as well which is for adult ears only. Probably why they don't sell them in the UK. They'd have to call them "Fannies" but that's another story.

Cheers

Simon

5. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Stock up

Reachy:
    Twinkies are a oblong shaped sponge cake about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and about 5 to 6 inches long with a cream filling. They come 2 to a pack. Hummmm. Sound disgusting, no. Well they can't be too bad, Archie Bunker had them for lunch every day.:D

noman:
    You better stock up. Remember, the twinkies are not the UK variety.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

My personal favorite - the Deep Fried Twinkie

then again there is my personal favorite - the Deep Fried Twinkie!!

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/West/09/18/offbeat.twinkie.reut/

Chips

7. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

Little known fact...Twinkies originally were banana flavored, but the formula changed to the current one during WWII when rationing left banana supplies low.

8. Reachy

Reachy New Member

We can go at least one better than that.

Up in Scotland and northern parts of England the chip shops will often sell battered deep fried Mars bars or battered deep fried pizza slices. My coronary arteries have gone into spasm just thinking about it!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4564482.stm

Cheers

Reachy

9. maxwell

maxwell Member

newest senior member

ok reachy you really need to come across the pond and have a cultural shock it would be good for you and us also do it when you can and be sure to do it in vegas you will be delivered one dozen twinkies by :D :D :D :D SIR REACHY

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  10. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Can't wait!

I have actually visited your fair country once before a couple of years back on business. I stayed in Washington and visited Manhattan for the day. I enjoyed it but didn't really have time to soak up the culture and to be honest spent most of the time entertaining my British customers.

As a marathon runner I love to go running in different places and so I took the opportunity to run around all the sights of Washington. What I didn't realise was that there was an anti-globalisation march going on at the same time and after running around the various monumnets and cemetries I headed towards the White House to be confronted by what appeared to be a complete police cordon encircling the entire building. I also noticed that I was probably the only other person around apart from the police and I was running!! I also started to notice large groups of other police in full riot gear and "tooled up to the nines" hiding in side roads. I was still running!!!! Nothing happened but all the time I was thinking "they've all got guns and are going to shoot me".

Also "surf and turf" is very different in the US. In the UK you may get a 12oz steak and scampi with chips. In the US you get a couple of lobsters and 1/2 a cow with all the trimmings.

When I come back Vegas is my first stop!!!

Cheers

Reachy