Online goodwill

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by fgk42, Sep 28, 2006.

1. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Hey there people,

Remember in Peter Pan when Tinkerbell got sick and was dying. Peter said that if everyone just said, "I believe in fairies" it would give Tink the strength to "make it"?

Well lets try that today. Around noon - eastern time - stop and say "I believe in FGK making it to the final table" If we can combine all the positive thoughts and energy we'll see if the cosmic forces can push those Aces and Faces my way - come on now everyone loves the underdog right!

As for me - I'm gong to be like the little train that thought it could

I know I can - I know I can - I know I can

Attached Files:

• bj2.jpg
      bj2.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  2. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Leaving for the tourney today - starts in 30 minutes.

I FINALLY qualified for St. Kitts freeroll - is it a sign?????

Don't forget to clap at 12! :joker:

3. maxwell

maxwell Member

Noon

Good Luck To You Sir:d

4. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Touch wood

fingers crossed fgk42 hope you win one for the little people

Attached Files:

5. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

I HATE BLACKJACK
    :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

6. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Fg

But FG, This isnt Blackjack! Its not even blackjack tournament! Its Elimination Blackjack!

Keep your head up and enjoy your trip. What a great experience. Im sure I can speak for everyone, nothing but respect for your conviction and effort.

PS, tone down the CAPS and red faces! LOL

Barney

7. Reachy

Reachy New Member

How did you do FGK?

Spill the beans, what happened? Tell your Uncle Reachy.

Cheers

Reachy

8. elyssez

elyssez Member

Sure you say you hate it, but you know you LOVE blackjack!!!

9. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

feedback requested

During my time in the airports - yes many along the way home - Puerto Rico, Tampa, Buffalo, BWI, etc. I had some down time. I decided to indulge in my part-time writing hobby. I thought to myself "What a great setting for a murder/mystery novel - "Double Cross and Eliminated at the BL tourney. Murder, Mystery, intrique and so much more!"

Ok, I've gotta work on the title but here's a short snippet - events are semi-fictionalized :rolleyes:

So what do you think? Hints suggestions?

PS I'll give you this much the murder victim is found in their hotel room after they don't show up for the semi-final table!

10. Rogue

Rogue New Member

The player in seat 2 stared at the dealer like a hawk seeking it’s pray. After 10 seconds the dealer looked away faking a cough. “Ten seconds” he said. Player 2 grabbed two yellow chips and took insurance. “He’s got it,” said player 2 – you can see it in his eyes.

Had he said, "I see the thing behind the thing" I would be certain this was Hollywood! ;)

I thought what you wrote was very good. I understood the drama for the most part, and those reading with more experience than I, should be able to follow right along. But if your audience is not exclusively BJ players and fans, you might need to add some more details to the hands. Have some friends that don't follow BJ read it and see if they know what is happening.

I'm curious to know who it is that is found dead...is it Benny? :)

11. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Thanks for the feedback - yes you're right about the drama and other "fluff" I just put the card stuff here for some "technical" feedback

As far as the victim - lets just say this - a yellow jack is involved! :cool:

12. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Chaper 4 - work in progress

So any comments? Suggestions?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  13. Rogue

Rogue New Member

My 2 cents

I love the characters, fgk! They seem so real...:laugh:

My only problem with it is that you mention a Lisa toward the beginning but I think she changes into Susan. Also you refer to Moe Bane as Moe P originally...unless maybe his name is Moe P. Bane. Personally, I like Moe P. (say them together out loud) :D