Only A Few More Spaces Left!

Discussion in 'World Series of Blackjack' started by KBelinkoff, Jan 12, 2007.

1. KBelinkoff

KBelinkoff New Member

The Hilton has informed me that the response to the upcoming Satellites has been tremendous. Because of this, I have released more World Series of Blackjack seats for these events, but there are very, very few slots remaining. If you have not entered, I encourage you to now, because once these fill up, we've instructed the Hilton not to take any more sign-ups although they may create a waiting list. If you do get shut out, you can show up at the Hilton on Jan 23 and 24 where entries will be taken for available spaces on a first come-first serve basis. Since many players will qualify on Jan 23 and therefore not be eligible to play on the 24th, I would think there will be a few open slots available then. Good luck...hope to see you all there!

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

True WSOB qualifiers...

I have been contacted by several friends from around the world who are planning on coming in for these qualifiers.

So far I have personally talked to players from Canada, London, Scotland, Germany, France, Greece, Poland, Mexico, Columbia, Korea, and New Zealand who are either already signed up or are planning on signing up.

Now this really will be a World Series of Blackjack!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  3. noman

noman Top Member

WSOB Qualifiers:

TX:

Did the guy from Nigeria ask you to wire him his entry fee?

4. TXtourplayer

You think your joking...

I did have a couple of players from Germany that wanted me to put them in. I put them in touch with Les Tacker at the Las Vegas Hilton so they could get in.

I think everyone else just contacted the LVH direct with the number I sent them in my e-mail.

5. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Final Count

A few questions:

1. What is the final number of available seats for the 2500 and 1000 satellites

2. Are there any seats left

3. When is the registration deadline?

6. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

7. TXtourplayer

Near as I can fiqure...

They started out offering 24 players for the $2,550 WSOB qualifiers on the 23rd, (4 Sit & Go tournaments) giving away 4 seats. Now I have heard they raised the total to 72 players (12 Sit & Go tournaments) giving away 12 seats.

Then on the 24th I heard 36 players for the $1,025 WSOB qualifiers, (2 - 18 player mini-tournaments) giving away 2 seats.

That will be 14 seats for the WSOB to be won between the 23rd and 24th at the Las Vegas Hilton. If the prior posts are correct.

As Kevin pointed out, they are sold out for the $2,550 (6 player Sit & Go tournaments) on the 23rd, but should someone cancel or not show up their seats will be forfeited and re-sold.

Also the 12 winner from the 23rd will likey have signed up for the 24th tournaments as well, so that should open up at least 12 seats for the 24th mini-tournaments.

8. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

KBelinkoff,

Thanks for having an open event. As you can see there was quite a bit of demand.

For Season 5 I have a suggestion:

Why not have a TBJ week? Think of it as a "playoff" for the WSOB.

Monday & Tuesday - players compete at 6-player SNG. First place gets 10 points. Second place gets 5 points and third place gets 2 points. Players get to play in 3 or 4 SNG tables.

Wednesday - have 500 tourney in which the final table gets into the WSOB

Thursday, the top 6 point players compete for 1 or 2 seats into the main event.

Friday - 2500 SNG tables for remaining seats!

This way players who can't afford the 2500 could win their way into the 2500 event. I'm sure if you came up with a WSOB event like this and advertised it during the WSOB, online and All-In magazine you could get LOTS of people

Just a thought! :D

PS. In case someone gets sick before their event, you can just PM me and I'll fly out. That will make up for the invite that got lost in the mail! :joker:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  9. wnickerson

wnickerson New Member

upcoming events

I have just signed up at this space and I am very interested, but for some reason I am completey lost.I am 65. Can someone be nice enough to email me (wnickerson4@cox.net) and tell me how to sign up for the online events. I am afraid if you leave your response on the site, I won't find it. Thank you so much someone for your assistance. William Nickerson:)