Palms weekly events

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by TXtourplayer, Feb 18, 2007.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I asked over at LVA, but I haven't had a reply back yet. Does anyone know if the Palms UBT weekly events are being used for ranking players for "All in magazine"?

2. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

That's a big no.

The reason I think was that it favored Vegas locals.

3. TXtourplayer

Damn

O'well there goes my points there...LOL.

I was asked about it and I wasn't sure, thanks Ace.

4. Joep

Joep Active Member

The Reason

Let me give you the real reason why the Palms weekly tournament is not included in the All In Magazine player ranking system.

Even though it meets all the needed requirement's to be included,such as an entry fee of at least $100 plus open to all players and is not an Invite only tournament.The piece of the puzzle that was missing was the Palms staff keeping exact records of semi -final results and final table results. These results are what is needed to keep track of players points that were earned from this tournament.

I originally was going to take on the task of doing this but because of the starting time of the tournament and it conflicting with the "Be In Action" radio show which goes on the air at 6 PM Thursday about the same time as the Final table is being played that created a scheduling problem for me.

There was also some consideration given to the fact that the local Las Vegas players might have a advantage over the non locals who are not able to attend every week.But the main reason the decision was made was because of lack of accurate reporting.I hope this answers your question Rick.

Joep

5. TXtourplayer

Thanks

Once Ace posted I figured it had to be something like that. As one who run's events I know how much work it is to keep track of several different players standings every week.

Thanks for the explaination why it isn't Joep.