Pictures from the Island Nation of St. Kitts

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by chipsmccoy, Nov 1, 2006.

1. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

Thought it best to post this under the "Free For All" section as it is not tournament related. As some of you know, my wife and I spent 6 days in St. Kitts from the 24th through the 29th of October on "other business" than the UBT event. We did greet the UBT arrviees and attend the UBT reception before our departure on Sunday. For those that have an interest, below is a link to pictures of the island. Just 75 or so of the 300 + we took. We did stay at the Marriott where the UBT was held. St. Kitts is not a "sand" island, but a volcanic one - complete with rain forest and more monkeys than citizens.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLa...post_signin=Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Ux=0

You may need to register to use the KodakEasyShareGallery, but there is no cost and is simple.

Chips

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Where was Monkeysystem???

And Monkeysystem missed it! :p

3. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

Monkeys

Was told there were ~40,000 citizens and ~45,000 monkeys on the island

Chips

4. elyssez

elyssez Member

Great Pic's, Chips! Thanks for sharing. And wow 45,000 monkeys.....that's pretty cool!

5. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Chips,

Nice pics - thanks for sharing with us.

Boy, now I'm really glad I wasn't able to make it to St. Kitts! NOT :flame:

I hope the BJ players get out of the hotel and enjoy the island.

6. maxwell

maxwell Member

St Kitts

HEY THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR PICTS WITH US
    LOOKS LIKE ST KITTS IS A VERY NICE PLACE I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE OR EVEN KNOW WHERE ST KITTS IS
    IT IS WONDERFULL TO SHARE SOME ASPECT OF YOUR WORKING VACATION WITH YOU-NOW I KNOW AND ASSUME THAT THE MAN WITH THE BEARD WAS YOU- SO I WILL KNOW NEXT TIME IN NEVADA IN THE NEAR FUTURE:cheers: :cheers:

JUST TO ADD -THIS SITE IS A GREAT SITE AND GREAT PEOPLE

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  7. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Wish I were there!

Nice pics, Chips. Maybe next time I'll see it in person.

8. napodot

napodot New Member

Great pictures !!!

chipsmccoy – all terrific pictures. Five shots of interest …..

·Basseterre bay. The cruise ship is at port Zante
    ·Sandy Bay
    ·Black Rock, north side of the island
    ·Nevis in the back ground, Atlantic on left, Caribbean on right
    ·north frigate bay, Marriott hotel

Because of the angles, the depth of field, and the sharpness of the photos, a question comes to mind. What type of camera and lenses were you using?

Just curious. :)

9. tgun

tgun Member

great pics

Thanks for the pictures.

tgun

10. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

Camera and photo info.

Napdot -

Here is a link to the camera description.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/SD30/SD30A.HTM

I got it for "Mrs. McCoy" for her birthday last September and am surprised she has not worn out some of the moving parts! We (she) really makes use of it and we are VERY pleased with its performance. As to the specific picutures you mention in order:

1. Taken by my wife OUT THE AIRPLANE WINDOW as we were arriving (!).
    2. Taken by someone else - she got from an internet review posting - we saw Sandy Bay, but did not get a picture.
    3. Taken by my wife during our Island Tour - on the NW end of the Island.
    4. Taken by me (!) from our (stopped) taxi on the way to the Marriott from the normal road that approaches it from the airport - I am just a "point and shoot" type guy when it comes to cameras - this one is ideal.
    5. Taken by my wife from the northern most moutain on the main road returning from Turtle Beach.

Bottom line is that (other than # 2 where we didn't drive down to, but saw - due to a time constraint), they were shots one would normally see when touring the island.

Chips

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  11. napodot

napodot New Member

Camera and photo info.

Chips –

Thanks for the reply, especially with the camera link. The Canon brand cameras are very good – and in the hands of knowledgeable photographers – the subject(s) become excellent. Please share my comments to Mrs. McCoy. :)

12. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

Comments shared

I just did and it put a smile on her face!

Chips