Pioneer Dec. 1-2

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Barney Stone, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Do you want to meet Barney in person? Well here is your chance. Also I hope to meet up with RKuczek at the Avi on Thurs. night and Edgewater for a friday game a couple of nice minis. Im bringing my kids so please dont send a couple of thugs in yellow jackets to kick my ask from LV. TIA.

https://www.blackjacktournaments.com/oldtourn/viewtourn.php?infoID=848

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2013
  2. Mrospi

Mrospi New Member

Hey Barney,

We are heading up but won't have the time for the Mini's... hope to meet you at the tourney.... just enough time to play the tourney and return home.... short weekend trip....Good luck and hope to see you there.

Mike

3. Mrospi

Mrospi New Member

Hey Guys,

It was great meeting both Richard & Paul at the Pioneer. I finally have a moment to give a little recap. I had to rebuy a couple times in the tournament as the early rounds were not that kind to me. The last rebuy, they did a raffle among the players not advancing, so when my name was chosen I gave in another $100. I will say I had good cards that round but so did alot of players at the table and I had myself in 2nd place going into the final hand. The leader acted first and did the $300 max bet.....and I also matched it with $300.... knowing that i was behind by about $200....so the first place guy decided to stand on his first 2 cards, I had 14 with my first 2 cards and knew the only way to win was to double down, i did and received a 7..... so that put me into the semi's...... knowing that 3 of 6 people move to the final table from the semi's I felt pretty good, the dealer overall was tough in the tournament and everyone was playing conservative, so I also backed down my play which turned out to be a good move. Everyone was in the $350 to $400 range on their chip stack, starting the round with $500....we had 2 people go out in mid way point... so I was just trying to make sure I was in it for 3rd place...... The 4th place in the semis had $100 left going into the last hand, I had $350.... so knowing his best situation would be a blackjack paying 2 to 1 I bet $25 only to make sure I left myself in 3rd no matter what happened.....So I did make my 3rd final table at the Pioneer....this time not as succesful as the other 2 times, I was seeing alot of 13,14,15 hands but survived to tie for 4th place.... 6th place had busted out and I had a small chance at 3rd place so I put all my chips in toward the end, the 4th place also did the same and she doubled for less so she had everything at risk, we both busted out to tie for 4th..... oh well..... there is always march!!!!! Take care & good luck to all... Nice meeting Paul & Richard

4. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

good going

to make the final table and take fourth - was nice meeting you - will see you there next time

5. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Congrats Mrospi see you in March!