Pioneer Tourney Dec 1

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by RKuczek, Nov 11, 2006.

1. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

two tourneys are coming up the weekend of Dec 1-2 - the Imperial Palace in Vegas and the Pioneer in Laughlin -

I am going to the Pioneer - and wonder who else will be going?

for those not familiar with Laughlin - who may be going - both the Avi and Edgewater offer nice minis - the Avi on Tuesday and Thursday (starts at 4:00) and the Edgewater on Wednesday and Friday (5:00 on Wednesday, 2:00 on Friday) -

for the Pioneer tourney - you need to call their marketing department - no one else knows anything about it - and reserve a tourney spot with a credit card - special room rates for players are $24+taxes - and you can reserve your room at the same time as you register -

Pioneer is a $25,000 (projected) tourney - and pays semi-finalists ($200) -winner gets $11,000 (projected) - I believe it is three tables to get to the finals - with at least some rounds being multiple advance - buy-in is $200 with a $29 entry fee tacked on - rebuys are $100 - with 100% of rebuys going into the tournament pot -

I have not payed the Pioneer before - but from what was posted on their last tourney - they do a pretty good job -

room check in is at 3:00; tourney registration and seat assignment is at 4:00 -and player's welcome party is at 6:30 - all on Friday, Nov 30 - tourney is on Saturday, Dec 1

you can probably get in at least the mini at Edgewater on Friday if you show up early - qualifiying rounds there are at 2,3,4 with Semi-finals at five - and final round should be over about 6:30 - Edgewater is close to Pioneer -

hope to see some people from this site at Pioneer - and at the minis, too -

note: there are some pretty good players in Laughlin - some very good players in fact - this could be a fun tourney if enough experienced players show up -