Practice Question

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by Craig Aasen, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Craig Aasen

Craig Aasen New Member

Hi All,

How are some of you practicing for tournament play? I use both Wong’s software and Verite 3.0. Both have been useful in learning the game and different strategies but because of the instant access to all of the information i.e. chip counts, running count, etc, etc I'm not getting a complete practice session.

If anybody has some tips on improving their skills and speed at bet sizing, chip counting and general playing out of different hands would be appreciated.

Craig Aasen

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Practice

Playing in as many tournaments as possible is really the best way to improve on the items you mentioned.

For chip counting and sizing you can purchase some chips and practice at home. Just have someone stack chips in different piles and work on getting the correct amounts.

For general practice the best (cheapest) I can suggest is Global-Player online tournaments. They have a chat and you can ask advice (after hand) during the tournaments. They also host a weekly Wed. and Sunday cruise tournament which are good practice.

To sign up go to www.global-player.com and click create, fill out the form and at the bottom for promo code put: Cruise, for refering nickname put: BigTex for additional bonus.

Of course if you can play land based tournaments is always your best bet whenever possible.

If you can make it our Blackjack Cruise is very good for new players. We teach the players as we play. The other players all help one another (after the hand) and answer question like was that my best play, what should I have done, was that my best bet, and why.

For more info on the Blackjack Cruise just go to that section on the forum page.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  3. Craig Aasen

Craig Aasen New Member

Thanks!

Thanks TxTourplayer!

I have been learning alot just by watching the 2005 world series replays as well. I look forward to watching you play the next round on Sat/Sun morning.

Craig Aasen