Prize Money?

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by G33611, Nov 18, 2006.

1. G33611

G33611 New Member

Does anybody know how much prize money the winners of the CBS UBT win? I just watched for the first time and they showed Angie "Moneytaker" winning, but made no mention of the amount she won? Whatsup?

Can you also explain the tournament(s)? Is there really a tournament that is played and then the Internet winner of the SitNGo tournaments are flown out and given one of the seven seats of the "final" table? Why don't they show the action of the tournament like the WSOP does? Not really a tournament, jut TV promotional BS?

2. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

I think you would have to call whats on tv right now a promotional tournamnet maybe...

It wasnt an open event by any means... rather a sales pitch to launch the new format...

I agree that the awards at show end are kind of brushed over and uncomfortable ...its possible they dont really win anything or else a small amount but they do;) win a seat in a later bigger money event...

I did get to see todays show...big breasted BJ talent day I guess...:)

Must of had the talent tryouts at Hooters....I guess its alright when your trying to sell a new format...I think it takes away from the legitimate game myself ....hell my wifes better looking than any two of those girls put together ...maybe they will let her play....lol;)

3. CelticAngel

CelticAngel Banned User

A very lucky woman...

Rando21,

Your wife is a very lucky woman, indeed... and even more so than the wonderful figure she apparently has, she has a "real" man like you who knows the value of what he has...."her."

Bravo!

4. Joep

Joep Active Member

Considerable Money

5. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Lost for words?

Hey Rando,

I think that CelticAngel has got the better of you with the above post.

You normally come back very quickly on here when you are under the gun.

Could it be that your wife has read the posts on the thread and you are worried that she might be looking over your shoulder should you decide to reply?

Andy :D

6. noman

noman Top Member

Not really my place:

But,, Rando, I object. Unless you are married to Aphrodite(which you may very well believe you are and good for both of you) there's no need to dis the loviliness, beauty and skills of those ladies. One of whom, by the way is a legitimate Queen.

Everything is always in the eye of the beholder. But some things are just too apparent to dispute.

7. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Most of the season one shows were the final table of 6 players from a 63 player tournament, plus a seventh player selected through some sort of online process at UltimateBet (the shows predate the existence of tournament blackjack at UB or Bet21).

However, there are two exceptions: The ladies event which aired this Saturday, and an upcoming 'Legends of Blackjack' show were just one table events, with 7 players invited to play.

The money for the regular shows included $50K for first place, and I think $100K total each. The money for the special shows was lower, but still good. (I can't recall the actual totals.) The last show is the season championship, where the other winners come back for a final-final table, and the money for that was OUTSTANDING. It paid $250K for first IIRC.

8. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Return of the King

Glad to have you back, boss.

-hd.