Questions about Barona

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by TedinNaples, Apr 23, 2007.

1. TedinNaples

TedinNaples New Member

I am planning on attending the June Barona tournament, and could use a little more information from those members who either attended last week's event or are in the know.

. Were there any Sit-n-Gos in addition to the main event? If so, what was the entry fee range?

. For the upcoming June event, the days listed are Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Does the tournament actually start on Friday afternoon, Friday night, or Saturday?

. What was the prize pool structure in last week's event?

. If the rooms at Barona are either unavailable or too pricey, can you recommend another hotel within 30 minutes driving distance that you've stayed at.

Thanks!!!

2. leilahay

leilahay Member

Barona

There were no sit & gos last week. Tournament registration was tues 3-10, and wed 7-10. Started at 10 am wed, final was 4 pm thurs. Prizes were 50k first (incl 10k entry to toc in dec) down to 1k 7th. Wild card round paid 1k first + entry into toc. $ for all . quarter & semi finalists, but not sure how much ($200 & $500 i think). free entry & room with 10K line of credit. can apply on line at their web site. if you don't stay there, I would check either Ramona or Lakeside but can't make any recommendations. It was a great well organized tournament.

3. TedinNaples

TedinNaples New Member

Thanks!

leilahay,

Thanks for your quick and informative reply. I'll look into applying for the $10k line of credit to save on the room and entry fee.

- Ted

4. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

One thing...

you need to count on at Barona is full fields of players every time. If management allowed the guaranteed prize pools to not have chance to feed as many players club loyalist they would be making a big mistake. So, my guess, when the tourney date is approaching the hosts will start urging players from top tier as far down as possible to come play. This is a promotional business venture.

5. leilahay

leilahay Member

barona

rooms at barona not comped are $169 per night