Quick question about counting...

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by topgun232001, Mar 10, 2006.

1. topgun232001

topgun232001 New Member

First off I'd like to say that this forum and well the whole website is great, there is really alot of useful information from true players of all aspects of the game. It is also great to hear about other players wins (or losses) and their stories. Thank you to all who post here and run this site. Now for the question...

I am new to counting but have been around blackjack for awhile... my question is this, when figuring true count say the running count is 6 on a 6 deck shoe and there are 3 decks left... my true count would be 2. But what about the cards that you know dont get used...there is about a full deck or more that is cut and you know wont be used...is this already figured in to the equation when figuring true count??

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

An unseen deck is an unseen deck, whether it will ever be dealt or not. If you're 3 decks into a 6-deck shoe, and the running count is +6, then your true count is six divided by the three unseen decks. As you say, +2.

By the way, counting is discussed more on our sister site. The message forums there are located at http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/

You'll have to register a separate account there if you'd like to post.

3. topgun232001

topgun232001 New Member

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification, it is very appreciated. And i have visited the other site as well and learned a TON of useful knowledge:D

Thanks again.