Reachy - Avatar with a stick

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by toolman1, Nov 9, 2006.

1. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Reachy,

You finally have an avatar I like - the one with a stick, pointer, whatever. Suggest you keep this one for a while - you know, 5 maybe 10 years. :D

PS: Don't even think about making me guess what it represents.

2. Reachy

Reachy New Member

You know who it is though don't you?

And the "stick" is a light sabre for X's sake!!!

Glad you like though :D

Cheers

Reachy

3. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

How about that

Could have fooled me! :p Anyway, glad to see you woke up to answer this post. Now go back to sleep.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  4. Reachy

Reachy New Member

If only!

Got to play that bloody bet21.com TV tourney thingy later. Late night for me, lots of coffee.

Cheers

Reachy

5. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Omg

Reachy, from the timestamp of your post I think you are in for the same shock I just had. I thought I must have noted the start time down wrong ( I had it as 2:30am our time ??? ). At any rate it happened a good deal earlier than that. I logged in nice and 'early' only to see the last table finishing. :flame:

6. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Colin

Are you sure????? I just checked and it's still 1:50hrs away and your name is listed.

Double check for me will you? It is bet21.com isn't it?

Cheers

Reachy

7. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Hey Reachy,

Don't worry about playing in that tourney. I hear on good advice that the Ass_as_in in playing in it - so I guess we all just don't stand a chance. Oh well go to sleep ok?

8. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

My mistake

My account is with UlimateBet, rather than Bet21. I logged on to find a "TV Freeroll' game in progress, but it seems that was one of the last qualifiers for the main event. I'd assumed they would be over by now. I haven't logged on in a while.

HOWEVER, I can't see the main event listed anywhere in the schedule on UB! Am I going to have to quickly register an account with Bet21 in order to play, I wonder ???

9. gflan

gflan New Member

It's on there Colin

There are two invite entries listed just above the announced events under the All tab. It shouldn't matter whether you are UB or Bet21...it's listed for both.

GF

10. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Ah, thanks GF

So, despite the fact that it is very definitely 'scheduled' to take place in an hour's time, I have to scroll through numerous pages hunting for it, because of it's 'invite' status!

My inability to cope with this does not bode well for my tournament performance. :D

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  11. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Numerous?

There aren't that many pages at bet21. If you click on the status tab a few times it'll bring all the invite tournies to the top.

BTW - If your playing me and you need to double the button you need to press has the word "Surrender" written on it. Honest!

Cheers

Reachy

12. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Ahahaha

I was going to say that I'd owe you a small cut of my winnings if I get to LA, since I was on the point of going to bed before I saw your post.

But now .... It'll be mine, ALL MINE bwahaha!
    (In the extraordinarily unlikely event that I make it through :( )

13. Reachy

Reachy New Member

4%

Must keep posting.....

...keeps me awake.....

...eyelids getting heavy...

...must sleep....

zzzzZZZZZZZzzzz........ZZZZZ..zzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzz.....

....WASSAT!

I think, using voodoo mathematics I calculated the odds of someone of your calibre (i.e better than average but not as good as a Ken ;) ) of progressing tonight at about 4ish%

Better than nothing I suppose.

Cheers

Sleepy, er, I mean, Reachy

14. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Colin,

Maybe you qualified for the Invite on November 30, not November 9th. You can go to sleep now ok? :joker:

15. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Hey London.....

Remember it was ME who clued you into the tourney in the first place? Don't forget us little guys when you get to LA!

16. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Sleepy Too

Ah, but did you factor in my own sleepiness, as evidenced by my inability to work a computer? :sleep:

Still, the kettle's just boiled. Time for a few cups of coffee and a Mars Bar before we get going ...

17. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

18. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Everyone's a comedian! :) Actually, I'm also in Saturday's PlayUBT LA event, and you can bet I will be double and triple checking what time it's supposed to start. :rolleyes:

With so many people to thank, I think it would be fairest all round if I just ignored the lot of you. :p

19. Reachy

Reachy New Member

One word!

BUGGER!

Cheers

reachy

Ps. 16 hands and gone. Dealer hated me..

20. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Well that was no fun

Out first round. Finished third, with two advancing.

And I'm now so full of coffee that I may never get to sleep!