Registration Tweaks

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KenSmith, Nov 13, 2003.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I'm still tweaking lots of things here and there.

I just removed the annoying birthdate question during registration. If you see anything else that needs attention, please let me know. It'll take all of us some time to get used to the many options available in the message board software.

2. Walt

Walt New Member

Ken, I sent your email to a couple of people that I wasn't sure was on your mail list. One of them e-mailed me saying he could not register without a referral name. I'll send him mine, but I didn't have that problem. Is a referral a membership requirement?

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

The User Referral was optional, but quite confusing because if you typed anything at all in there, it had to match exactly a valid Username already in the forum.

I solved that problem by just eliminating the question entirely. Better yet, I've made the default registration page the 'Quick' variety, which asks only about 4 questions. If you'd like to add all the other options, just choose the 'User CP' button at the top of the forum. That's "User Control Panel", where you can set lots of options.

Thanks all for the continuing suggestions. We're getting there!