Remembering Jleland

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by PitchMan, Aug 3, 2024.

1. PitchMan

PitchMan Top Member

It is with much regret that we share the news of Jleland’s passing this week. As a highly respected member of our Blackjack community, he left an indelible mark on all of who competed with him and enjoyed his friendship.

He was such a competitor, a force to be reckoned with. His expert strategy, unwavering dedication to the game and calm yet fierce spirit made every time you watched him play memorable, whether as a spectator or across the table from him. Even when health issues prevented him from participating in tournaments, he remained engaged, always eager to hear about the latest competitions and how his fellow players fared.

Due to his failing health, for over a decade he couldn’t play, but his legacy as a consistent winner lives on. The camaraderie he fostered at the tables will be sorely missed by all who had the privilege of knowing him.

Let us take a moment to honor his memory and offer our heartfelt condolences to his widow, who stood by his side through it all. She was not just his partner in life but often his partner at the Blackjack table, sharing victories and defeats.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Rest in peace, Jleland. It was an honor knowing you.

KenSmith, gronbog, george and 2 others like this.
  2. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

I don't know if I had ever met Jleland, but I can see your pain, my friend.
    Your nice tribute to him is appreciated.

Billy C

george and johnr like this.
  3. george

george Top Member

the one time i made the final table at buffalo run , john was on it also

4. noman

noman Top Member

Sad to hear. Thanks for sharing, Pitchman.

george likes this.
  5. Dakota

Dakota Top Member

Thanks Pitchman. I also remember him from Buffalo Run.

george likes this.
  6. noman

noman Top Member

Pleased to see you Dakota. Silent for a time. Hope everything is well with you. And you are taking advantage of what you can. Wishing you continued success.

gronbog, george and PitchMan like this.
  7. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Very sorry to hear that. John was indeed a jewel in the tournament community, with always a wry smile to go along with his strong play.

george and PitchMan like this.
  8. PitchMan

PitchMan Top Member

Indeed….. I never saw anyone hit a hard 17 and draw a 4 or 3 more than I saw him do it. Even then, his smile stayed very close to “wry”

KenSmith, gronbog and george like this.