Reno-lake tahoe

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by maxwell, May 14, 2009.

1. maxwell

maxwell Member

Anybody live in reno?
    If i were to make a reno lake tahoe run for a week is it possible to play a tournament every day like you can in vegas and are the prices in reno a deal in the summer?:d:d

2. askdick

askdick Member

Reno / Tahoe

I have a home in Tahoe, but do not live there, however, know the area quite well. If you take the highway and not the scenic route, the trip takes just about an hour. There are not many tournaments in Tahoe that are worthy, except maybe the one coming up at Harrahs. Lots of play in Reno. So it would depend on scheduling. NO SNOW now!!!

Good luck...

3. askdick

askdick Member

Reno Tahoe

Sorry the summer is HIGH HIGH time for the area

Low season is April thru May, September thru November

4. maxwell

maxwell Member

thanks

THANKS DICK
    MAYBE LAS VEGAS IS BETTER IDEA
    IF MY ROOM WAS COMPED THAT COULD MAYBE JUSTIFY RENO BUT I WOULD NEED A CAR ALSO
    DO YOU THINK THAT THE WAY THE ECONOMY IS GOING THAT WOULD CHANGE THINGS A LITTLE I AM SURE THEY WOULD LIKE MY MONEY AFTER ALL IT STILL GREEN FOR NOW:laugh::laugh:

I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS TEXAS HEAT NOT INTO THE FRYING PAN

I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT NO SNOW WOULD BE OFF SEASON FOR THAT AREA

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  5. maxwell

maxwell Member

air prices

AFTER CHECKING AIR PRICES MAYBE I WILL JUST TAKE THE HEAT HERE IN TEXAS:flame::flame:

6. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Remember all of those photos and comments about our snow & bitter cold "up" here, just a few months ago?
    Now it's 70 degrees and a nice breeze.
    "How Do You Like Me Now........." :laugh:

7. maxwell

maxwell Member

Texas heat

I HAVE LIVED HERE ALL MY LIFE IN TEXAS AND YOU NEVER GET USED TO THE HEAT-NOT SO MUCH THE HEAT BUT THE DAMN HUMIDITY WILL KILL YOU:laugh::laugh:

AFTER REVIEW OF AIR PRICES MAYBE THIS COULD HAPPENED I DO NOT KNOW WHAT SOUTHWEST AIRLINES PROBLEM WAS BUT THEY ARE TWICE AS MUSH AS US AIR GO FIGURE

8. askdick

askdick Member

Tahoe

Well if you do not like the heat stay out of Vegas for now. Soon it will be over 100 most of the days thru mid September. There are a lot of daily tournaments. Currently I play in about 6 every week plus we have the biggies at GN & the Hilton. Even a short trip to Laughlin 3 or 4 times a year. With all of these you can play for some BIG bucks.

This weekend is GN Laughlin. For 50 bucks you have a chance at a 20K prize fund with 10K for 1st. That is a big difference than 200 entry fee for the summer Harrahs tourney in Tahoe. Bad return, I think.

Leftnut...we did have a HUGE snow storm here that lasted 3 days!!! I guess about 6 inches and no one knew what to do. I am from the Northeast so I can handle the drive, but not to many could.