Rick's Pick"s

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TXtourplayer, Feb 14, 2005.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Just found out about a good play in collage basketball tonight, (Monday 2/14/2005).

Take Kansas -3 @ Texas Tech Starts at 9:00 EST

I am going to put 500 on it myself. Hope my info is correct then I will have a Happy Valentines Day...LOL.

2. I agree

I too took Kansas tonite but only for 20% of what you bet. We're gonna have to rally being 3 down with 12 minutes to go. Go KU!

Good Luck.
    Take Care...
    Capt. Black Jack

3. Ku

Now we have to sweat out overtime???!!!

4. Give Credit to Texas Tech

Lost that one, had Kansas straight up to win and thought Miles might pick up the foul with 7 seconds left, but instead got the traveling call and then Tech got the 3 pointer. Give Tech alot of credit and thought Kansas was lucky to still be in there after the 1st overtime. Good Luck to all.

Take Care...
    Capt. BlackJack

5. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Ks vs Texas Tech

Rick,
    tough beat but happy Valentines day anyway, hope you bought flowers or candy for your wife before Kansas won

6. Kalex21

Kalex21 New Member

the stars at night are big and bright....

TxTour... how could you bet against the red raiders? In times like these, ask yourself "WWBKD?" What WOULD Bobby Knight do? He'd throw some chairs through a window, sexually harass some professors, and bet big on Tech. Hey, Lubbock is like the Pit of Dispair- they deserve some good news every now and then...

7. TXtourplayer

In The Dog House

First collage basketball pick I make and it was only because some friends of mine from Lubbock (where TX Tech is) told me you bet against TX Tech when they play Kansas (either place) record was like 21-1 for KU and Bob Knight had never beat KU while coaching at TT.

The agv. win was by something like 23.5 pts per game, KU is #2 or #3 in the country witha 20 - 1 record and I bet on them and lose...LOL.

It went into double overtime so I got to sweat it out and extra 10 minutes as well. In the 2nd OT KU lead by 5 pts. early and blew it.

I know I will catch hell over this, I called Joep, KennyE, DavidP, and Instgator and told them about this play. I know David lost some, I can only hope the others didn't play the game.

Sorry all, thought I was giving you a good pick!

8. Kalex21

Kalex21 New Member

Murphy's Law...

Darlin' it WAS a good pick: the Jayhawks are #2 and Bobby Knight hasn't defeated Kansas before... I was just teasin' [one Texan to another]; you win some you lose some right? What's that time-honored saying here? Woulda-Shoulda-Coulda?

9. TXtourplayer

Yep!

But that was a $550 Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda...ouch!

Glad I already paid my entry for the Grand this month...LOL.

Hope to see most of ya'll there 25th - 27th in Tunica. I won't get in until after 9:00 pm Friday night so I will miss the registration.

10. Opus21

Opus21 New Member

Whoda Thunk??

Rick:

Sounded like a good bet to me. The last ranking I saw had
    Tx Tech at 25th. And, they beat the No. 2 team???

This has to go down as one of Bobby Knights finest hours
    since his glory days at Indiana University.

Better stick to BJ. LOL :p

11. TXtourplayer

Sick feeling

I felt like I was dealt a hard twenty and just got drawn out on by a seven card 21....LOL

It might not suppose to happen, but it does! Thats why they call it gambling.

12. Joep

Joep Active Member

Thanks A Lot

Rick next time you have a HOT game call Matt Saca not me.By the way tell Swogger i bet 175 on the game for him trying to get him even.Now it's 350

13. TXtourplayer

You'll thank me later

Joep, swog already owes you $350! Remember double or nothing this month.
    Now maybe you will stop giving me SH-T over this pick......NOT. I know I am in for hell the next time I see you...LOL.

14. I thought it was a good play...

as well. Don't beat yourself up over it.

15. TXtourplayer

I'll try again

Tonight I am going to play:

Kentucy -4 @ S. Caro..............110 for 100

and parlay

Kentucy -4
    WF -7 @ Miami Fl.
    U. Conn -3 @ Providence for 100 to win 650

16. Tonite

Good Luck on Kentucky and your Parlay, it looks good. I'm going with SMSU on the road tonite in a straight up win, the Bears are hot right now and playing well.

Take Care..
    Capt. BlackJack

17. TXtourplayer

Kiss of Death!

Well let's see on Sat. (while in Vegas) I bet on Duke to revenge their lost to Maryland and I lost. Monday I bet on Kansas over TX Tech and lost, and tonight I had Kentucy over S. Caro. and lost.

That is #2, #3, & #4 in the country (records of 19-2, 20-1, 18-2) that all get upset when I bet on them. You want your team to win just have me bet on the other team...LOL.

Gamecocks end Kentucky's SEC dominance
    Columbia, SC (Sports Network) - Tarence Kinsey scored 17 points, as South Carolina handed third-ranked Kentucky its first Southeastern Conference loss in 366 days with a 73-61 upset at the Colonial Center.

I better stick to blackjack...thats scary...LOL.

18. Me too!

Lost my bet with he Bears tonite, they were 11 down with 6 minutes to go and tied the game with a 3 pointer with 10 seconds left to force overtime and lost in overtime. They had a 3 pointer that wouldn't fall with 5 seconds left and lost by 2. I need to go play some BlackJack this weekend to recoup. Good Luck to all.

19. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Rick, put some money on Arkansas tonight over Bama. Bama won their first meeting in Fayetteville by 3 points. They are playing in Tuscaloosa tonight, but even though Bama has been blowing out the competition recently (except for Florida where they got blown out), I think they will have a tough game. Bama needs all the luck they can get, so maybe your bet against them will be enough to tip the balance...

:p

Roll Tide!!

Pat

20. TXtourplayer

I've given enough back

After have several good trips to Vegas this year, I fiqure I should stick to playing the tables then Collage basketball (althought I did hit a big parlay last month).

I came out a little a head in Football this year and way ahead in Baseball (even losing the WS).

As far as Bama, I am sure if I bet on Arkansas that Bama would win,
    I just need to save some money for Tunica at the end of the month...lol