Sad News

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by mikey754, Jul 18, 2008.

1. mikey754

mikey754 New Member

Our friend and top rated BJ player, Jerry Gibson passed away last Sunday...his screen name was Jerry321. His wife Sharon plays on line as SharonK. She is having a memorial service next Tues at 10:30 A.M. at Lovell Canyon approx 5 Miles in from Hiway #160 (Blue Diamond Road...here in Las Vegas (Pharump)...many of us remember them in all the BJ Tournaments all around the country as well as here locally...We will miss Jerry.

2. marichal

marichal Member

sorry to hear

hey mikey;

sorry to hear the news about jerry. never did get to meet himself in person. have played many times and conversed with him on line. enjoyed those times.

take care!!!

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Sharon, I'm so sorry for your loss. All our thoughts are with you now. Jerry will be missed by all who met him at so many events over the years.

4. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

My heart goes out to Sharon and the rest of the Gibson family. Jerry was a great guy and tournament player. He always had a big smile on his face everytime I saw him. Him and Sharon were always so nice to everybody at the tournaments.

Jerry you will be missed my friend.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  5. eastexaspro

eastexaspro Member

A dear friend

Jerry and i were very close friends.his ability to smile and make laugh will be missed forever.harry

6. Emanuel Poznanski

Emanuel Poznanski New Member

I attended the ceremony this past Tuesday.
    Can you just imagine that you are going to any day be gone from this beautiful life. Jerry is and always WILL be remembered by me as a quiet warrior. We met at a Hilton bj tournament, both of us sitting in our scooters. I was preoccupied with my aching gut, and Jerry was probably as happy as a freebird....little did i know that his wonderful wife sharon and he knew about his cancer. We did not come in the money for that event, but it was the beginning of a journey for me just knowing them. You both will be in my thoughts forever. I just hope that all of us will try to remain human and live with respect like jerry and sharon probably always have. Love you two, and sharon, just continue as you are and jerry will be right behind you, always. God bless everybody.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008