Sad News

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Joep, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Joep

Joep Active Member

I am not sure if he was a member here but i know he was well known among some of our members,Harvey Bader has passed away. Reports I have is that he suffered a heart attack on Friday Jan 7.He will be missed.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Shocking news!

Harvey Bader was a very nice person, an excellent tournament player, and a very good friend. This news comes as a great shock to me.

I just spoke to Harvey last week about the cruise tournaments I was working on and he asked me to move my cruise date to later in the month (October) because he was going on a 14 day cruise from NY in October and didn't want to miss my tournaments. I am working on a 300 player tournament and had a date I had been working with. I changed the cruise date for Harvey. That is how much I wanted Harvey to be apart of my event.

Harvey was alway supportive of my ideas and offered to help in anyway he could, That was the kind of guy he was. It wasn't just me anyone that plays in the tournaments Harvey would help, tournament pro's to beginers.

As I am writing this post I am looking at pictures of Harvey at this years WSOB II party laughing and have fun, I can't believe you're gone. Rest in peace, you will be greatly missed my friend.

GOD BLESS!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Photo of Harvey from WSOB2

[​IMG]

From left to right:
    Rick Jensen (TxTourPlayer)
    Henry Tamburin (HTamburin)
    Kenny Einiger (kennye)
    Ken Smith (KenSmith)
    Harvey Bader
    David Page (TheLegend)

This photo was taken at a party just prior to filming of World Series of Blackjack 2005.

Harvey, you'll be missed by many.

4. kennye

kennye New Member

We Will Miss Harvey

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Harvey's family and friends during this very trying time. We were lucky enough to have Harvey as a friend and we will miss him terribly. You will be greatly missed!

Kenny & Kimberly Einiger

5. Joep

Joep Active Member

Harvey Bader

I was told that Harvey was clearing his driveway of snow.He came inside told his family that he was dizzy and not feeling good.They wanted to call 911 he said no .He laid down to take a nap and passed in his sleep. Its good to know that he went peacefully.