Sahara LV,Wednesdays

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by AZdrew, Sep 8, 2006.

1. AZdrew

AZdrew New Member

Sahara has an afternoon tournament on Wednesdays; 11AM sign up,noon start. The buy-in is $25,with 2 re-buy sessions for $10 per. It's a decent payout....

1st-1000
    2nd-500
    3rd-250
    4th 175
    5th-125
    6/7-free entry

...however,the format is a bit different. After the re-buy sessions,there is a quarter final(with wild cards filling the holes),top 2 from each table,then a semi final(2 tables),with the top 3 advancing to the final table...plus a wildcard.
    Also,I dont know how long they have been running this,but it seemed like they didnt know what they doing at times. Dealers not counting correctly,sometimes misdealing,and the rules....hmmm. They are the same as any other tournament,but not strictly enforced,apparently. The betting order was not being watched,spectators were crowding the table,etc. I didnt want to complain to the house about it,since it was my first time there. I'm just getting accustomed tournament play,and I love it...but if you dont enforce your rules,why bother having any???
    I finished in 3rd,so it was worth the trip. Honestly though,I dont believe I will go back to this one. Hopefully BJ tournaments will become more popular and we'll have more choices.