Sams town tournament rules

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by ptaylorcpa, May 20, 2010.

1. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

It looks like Sams town is scheduling these tournaments every other month now alternating months with a 3 card poker tournament. Here are the rules from the tournament in April. They are the same rules they have used in prior tournaments so more than likely their future tournaments will follow the same rules. The format is one person per table advances to semi finals and only one per table advances from semi finals to final table.

There are a couple of unique rules to be aware of. Rule 28 is enforced even on double downs, so don't pick up your stack and drop it next to your original bet. They will push back all chips except the bottom one. Rule 30 is very important. Since this is double deck pitch, if you expose your blackjack out of turn it is not paid as blackjack. Rule 31 against doubling down after split can affect bet sizing and split decisions.

The one rule I was looking for isn't addressed and I don't remember how they do it. I think all double downs are dealt face up so you can see exactly what the results are. I know some places deal all double downs face down unless you are hitting a stiff hand, then it is dealt face up.

Also note rule 36. Wild card is drawn from semi finalists only, so if you are not in semi finals then no need to stay for drawing.

Rules indicate that first prize of $12,000 is guaranteed, but then rule 38 says it is based on 160 entries. Rule 2 says limit is 294 players (six tables of seven players times seven rounds), but I don't think they have ever had it full. They typically reduce tables or players per table in late rounds. With rebuys I think they get their 160 minimum, but I don't know if they add to the prize pool or not.

Attached Files: