Sands of the Caribbean Strategy

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by KIRK004, Mar 28, 2006.

1. KIRK004

KIRK004 New Member

I see from Ken [ there always a better bet] that there is an online tournament at Sands, play for an hour, player with the most money wins.

Any tips on the sort of strategy needed to win this sort of tournament.

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I haven't checked the leaderboard yet, but in most of these style events you must win multiple max bets. The best strategy is to fire max bets from hand one until you take the lead. Nothing subtle about it.

3. pCubed

pCubed New Member

Been thinking

I've been thinking, since I participate in these proliferate Winner Take all formats, is the approach of maximum bet on the first hand really the best? Some people have brought this up before, but if one placed a max bet that were equal to the size of his bankroll, a max bet would prevent any double ups or splits. Not splitting and not doubling up effectively changes the HA on that hand from about .5% to 3%?.

On the flip side, I realize that if you win that first hand, then the subsequent hands would be double able and split able.

In Wong's book, he recommends that we fire away with maximum bets. If max bet = bankroll, do the max bet. If our bankroll is bigger than the max bet, but not 2x as big, we'd bet half our bankroll so that we can double up or split.

My intuition tells me in the case where max bets = bankroll, halving the bet might not be such a bad idea?