Scary feeling!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TXtourplayer, Mar 5, 2005.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Kennye just called me as he was about to walk into the Venetian for there big BJ tournament and told me he was "Feeling it".

Watch out, when Kennye is feeling it he is a killer over the last six months or so in tournament play.

Go get'em Kennye, I'll see you next week. If (Sorry) when you win your buying dinner...LOL

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  2. Curious

You struck a chord with me on this post. Just curious if anyone else on the board has this feeling on when to play and not to play before you even leave the house. I schedule alot of one day trips from the house with the exception of the Vegas trip I took in November. If I'm feeling it, I'll go and if I'm not, I stay home. I may have a losing session every now and then but have not had a losing trip since last Summer. (Knock on Wood) It is just this feeling I have that I can not explain, I'm very focused and confident.

Take Care...

3. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

Feeling it

That "feeling" or confidence in your game will have no effect on the cards...
    but like a golfer "knowing" he will make a putt before he hits the ball may lessen the chances for a breakdown in motor skills....so might that "feeling" lessen the chances for a bad bet or play...that "feeling" might give you some added adrenalin at the begining of play and thus sharpen your thought process, and reduce that spike of adrenalin associated with the onset of a major decision near the end of play

4. kennye

kennye New Member

Feeling It

I was feeling it so good I lost in the first round. Oh I re entered and lost there too. But there is a wild card drawing tomorrow that I promise I won't miss like I did 2 weeks ago at the Hilton.

Kennye

5. TXtourplayer

Thanks Kennye

Sure I go and brag on you and look what you do....LOL. Hell with the streak you've been on you probally will get picked for the Wild Card, good luck tomorrow.

To answer your question Capt. BlackJack, Yes for me, I can't answer for anyone else. I am a firm believer in positive thinking and additude. I like and enjoy positive energy when I am playing.

Don't get me wrong Swog is right, having a good feeling doesn't mean you'll get good cards, but it sure seems like I win more when I'm in a positive frame of mind starting out.

6. I agree

I know the positive feeling doesn't change the cards and I agree with you TX, it sure does help though. Swog, your right that the adrenaline does help me focus better when faced with the tough decision. How many times have I seen someone who has been playing so well, ups their bet, sometimes to the max, all of sudden play scared and alter their game because of their bet size. That is one thing I always do is to play the same way no matter what the bet size. I know alot of people say they play the same way, but when the stakes are raised, you will see people stray from their play. (example have a hard 15 or 16 against a dealer 10 with a max bet out) I would not hesitate to hit this hand when I have seen so many stand hoping for a possible bust out of the dealer.

Good Luck with the wildcard today Kennye. Be thinking positive thoughts for ya.

Take Care...

7. TXtourplayer

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee's BACK!

Kennye was the first name of 10 drawn in the wild cards today at the Venetian tournament. Kennye just called me, he won his quarterfinal round and was just about to start the semifinals. He told me he would call back after to keep us informed.

8. TXtourplayer

Feeling the feeling!

Well Kennye hits a hard 14 and catches a 7 to win his semifinal round. He is now playing in the finals at the BIG Venetion BJ tournament.

When your hot your hot, Kennye had his name called as the wild card to the finals as well, but he is already in.

9. TXtourplayer

Well it came down to the last hand and another hard 14. This time Kennye caught an 8 to bust and instead of another 1st place he finished 5th.

Still he pockets $7,500 for a day of getting to play Blackjack. I think everyone will agree not a bad payday for doing something you enjoy.

Congrat's Kennye, I think with the $7,500 win you can still buy dinner next week....LOL.

10. Congrats Kennye

Very good PayDay from playing BJ. If you caught the right card on the last hand, would you have placed higher? Also what was the prize structure from 1st -5th, just curious?

Take Care...
    Capt.

11. kennye

kennye New Member

Here was the break down

To answer your question. If I would have pulled any card other than a bust card I would have won first prize. The dealer was showing a 5 and busted. I had to double down on a hard 14 because seat 1 hit a blackjack with a 4800 bet. So it was either first or 5th for me. 1st 75,000 2nd 37,500 3rd 15,000
    4th 10,000 5th 7500 6th 5000

Take care

kennye

12. TXtourplayer

Over 50% chance to win

Hell Kenny you had 7 out of 13 cards that would catch an Ace - 7 and made you a $75,000 winner yesterday. Still from where you were sitting at the start of the day you have to be happy with a $7,500 payday.

Catching an 8 really sucks, hell give me a picture if I bust don't tease me by one. You needed a Biloxi catch 22 card yesterday, at least you could have moved up a little with the push.

Congrat's on you $7,500 payday, I will see you and Kim on Thursday.