Season 2 On CBS

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by bjmace, Aug 21, 2007.

1. bjmace

bjmace Member

Season 2 of UBT Dawns first episode is 2PM Eastern and 11AM Pacific 9/15

09/22 Episode 2 UBT on CBS:
    Sat 09/29 Episode 3 UBT on CBS
    Sat 10/06 Episode 4 UBT on CBS
    Sat 10/13 Episode 5 UBT on CBS
    Sat 10/27 Episode 6 UBT on CBS
    Sat 11/03 Episode 7 UBT on CBS
    Sat 11/10 Episode 8

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Can we get times for all the episodes? How about knowing which episode features which players?

3. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Hey Mace,

Any idea how much UBT is paying CBS to air The Ultimate Blackjack Tour? Is it a per episode deal or does UBT pay per "season"?

4. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Nobody seems to know (yet) who will be on which episode.
    Or, if someone knows, they're certainly not talking.

5. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

I Know Now

I finally figured out how they decided which episodes to show on Season 2. They had a test group and well you can see for yourself:
    :joker:

Attached Files:

6. Jeff Dubya

Jeff Dubya New Member

This is so lame...

The CBS affiliate in Seattle does not broadcast these events.

In order to watch this, I will need to add another CBS channel to my DirecTV bill. I wonder how much that will cost me. (CBSE or CBSW)

Drat!

7. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

I had the same sort of problem with GSN, it disappeared from my cable lineup right before the WSOB was broadcast. Then I found out it had been moved to a more expensive channel grouping, so I asked a friend who has that package to tape it for me. Problem solved. :cool:

8. Jeff Dubya

Jeff Dubya New Member

Well unfortunately, such is not the case here. Apparently due to FEDERAL law, when local channels are available, it is against the law for them to sell the generic West Coast or East Coast feeds.

9. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Check the late night schedule. In my area, when the local affiliate preempted the shows for college football, they showed the UBT show late at night.

10. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Call for BJT-ers help!

That sux!

OK, everyone, Jeff needs help. My TV recording capability is already maxed out for myself/Deb, and also for BJMace. Can anybody offer to record the UBT shows and send to Jeff? Of course, unless he can find the show rebroadcast at another time, as Ken suggests.

11. Fredguy

Fredguy New Member

UBT on CBS

Here's a question...

Don't the networks normally pay for content?
    If so, why would UBT pay CBS instead of the other way around, unless CBS viewed the UBT show as having a negative value, like an infomercial?

12. Jeff Dubya

Jeff Dubya New Member

Nope, I can see three weeks in advance. It's on the Los Angeles and New York feeds, but not available at all in Seattle.

13. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Can anyone help him by recording it? Right now it's T - 7 hours to the first episode's broadcast....

14. angelrun5

angelrun5 Member

I don't know if this will help anyone who can't get the show on local TV, but I found this while surfing our local channel guide. It might be worth checking out.

http://www.titantv.com/TTV/Grid/AboutPVRWatchFull.aspx

According to this you can watch the shows right from your computer.