Set the Freeroll record straight

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by fgk42, Oct 29, 2006.

1. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Ok Noman,

After this weekend I'm just venting but I've gotta do it. Lets post a record of freerolls entered and places.

FKG_42
    October 29 UBT Round 4 hand 25
    Bet21 Round 1 hand 8

2. Archie

Archie New Member

I started playing online Oct 7. Since then I played 25 freerolls, 19 on UBT and 6 on Bet21 (5 for St. Kitts, one for November 9th). I qualified once (Nov. 9th on my first try).

3. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Do you mean..

... the qualifiers to the qualifiers for the main event. Or do you mean just the qualifiers to the main event.

Cheers

reachy

4. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

I was just posting my results today for the qualifiers. If I put ALL my entries into ALL the freerolls - OMG! THAT would be depressing! :sad:

5. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

November 2

Another Bet21.com freeroll bust

This was hurtful - Round 1 eliminated on hand 25.

seat 1 45,000
    seat 2 41,000
    seat 3 52,500
    seat 4 42,750

Seat 2 bets first - secret bet
    Seat 3 bets second - 500
    Seat 4 bets third - secret bet
    Seat 1 (me) bets last - 3,500 secret bet

Rational is to keep the low on BRL

seat 2 get 10 & dd
    seat 3 pat hand and stays
    seat 4 gets 11 & dd
    seat 1 gets 11 - I dd too

dealer draws to 19

seat 2 bet 20500 + 20500 = 82,000
    seat 3 wins = 53000
    seat 4 bet 25000 + 17,500 = 85,250
    seat 1 - dealt an ace for 12 and loses!

Only 74 more right Reachy?

6. noman

noman Top Member

Win Place Show and driving the pooper scooper.

On line records.

well, maybe it will reveal why I'm not a pro, but I tend to disdain the tedium of the record keeping. Reams and reams of notes and calculations to do, when there's a game to be played. anyways.

In some initial beta testing of the elemination format I won two and two seconds and made three other final tables in say 50 or 100 attempts.

When UBT went money games, I won some/lost some in an array of stakes.

To qualify for UBT-LA(after bill shut me down on money) I played enough kamikazee sit n goes to win about 14 tech points. Have two left, maybe for the next one, but finally made it to Sat. Nov. 4th pre final.

On days that I can, I play bet21 qualifiers, sometimes all day, for the Nov. 9th
    everybody goes tourney. That's four or five a day. But, maybe only three days a week. In those I'm 50-50 getting by first round. 90-10 getting by second and .000001 getting into semi-semi. I've had two close calls.

Ancient history. I think I did fairly well on Global, tourney's--sit n goes(range of stakes) one on ones. My Global success was a lot better than UBT-bet21.

I posted during my melt down about the number of 12, 13, 14, 15's contrary to the rest of the table, I was getting for moons on end.

7. noman

noman Top Member

K41 and a half:

Sofa today. at bet 21, whichever, since 1:30 am four attempts, no first round escape.

8. noman

noman Top Member

K41 and a half

Make that 5.

9. noman

noman Top Member

K41 and a half

Round 3 of 4:30. Out on hand 23. Three others remaining. two in the 30,000's

10. noman

noman Top Member

K-41 and a half:

Slept thru the alarm. Missed 7:30. 1:30, 4:30, 10:30.

Going in the 1:30pm and there after, with break for UBT pre-final on Sat. at 5;00pm.

Oh, okay, also break for UBT-TV and the Irish.

11. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Arrrrrrrrrgggggggggg

I HATE the freerolls.

Hours spent

Wasted

Seeing red :flame:

Descending down :vomit:

Spirals getting smaller :cry:

Must STOP torturing myself:gun:

Attached Files:

12. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Those free rolls are a cake walk I cut thru them like a hot butter knife thru margarine. Maybe you need to practice more??? :)

13. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Dumping Dealers

The freerolls are frustrating but you need patience. If you get lucky enough to go through four (sometimes three) games without having a dealer dump chips in the early hands of any of them you have a good chance. The ploppies in the Bet21 freerolls are getting more aggressive. Three or four players into five digit bets are becoming the rule rather than the exception.

14. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Practice MORE :eek:

My wife is upset with all the SNG's that I play NOW!

The difference is that freeroll play and real money play are DIFFERENT.

If you don't believe me, watch a $50 SNG betting, compared to a $1 SNG betting compared to a freeroll betting.

The problem with freerolls is that I make it past round 1 like you said - cakewalk. Then waiting 30 or 40 minutes for round 2 :mad:

Round 2 I make it past over 50% but by round 3 I'm playing a money game(s) and other distractions make it difficult to play 3 games at once. Who's fault is that? Mine I know I just had to complain somewhere!

15. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Fg

I was joking! BTW, I have watched several 50 s&gs I want to know how the high rollers roll. You know like a poor kid watching a baseball game thru the crack in the wall. I can tell you one thing, the 50 games have their fair share of plopping going on. EBJ is more of a plop plop game than straight up BJT. Just because you plop for a reason doesnt mean your not plopping!
    :joker: :eek: :joker:

I found that to have luck in free rolls you need to target and chip away not over betting. The funny thing is in games I watch with Joe and others like kaminari and tedfrmnaples they go way higher than the free rollers! Reminds me old Ricky Bobby riding around with that mountain lion!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  16. Monkeysystem

More Patience Needed

I just got dropped in seven hands in another freeroll. First hand all in got paid and pulled back to 1K. Five digit bettors got paid. I bombed out trying to survive elimination.

So it goes in freeroll land............

17. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

That's exactly my point!

Freerolls DESERVE to be in the 7th ring of Dante's Hell! :flame:

Must Stop Torturing Myself :gun:

18. Monkeysystem

Lets Do An Experiment

Lets all go all in on hand one in every freeroll we play for the next week and record the results in this thread. Win, loss, push, BJ. Furthermore, lets do it by never hitting 12 or above, and record when the dealer saved you by busting out of 7 through ace.

19. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

What about

the luck vs. skill element? Come on guys!:cool:

20. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

OK here's my contribution

10:30 pm

stiff 13 versus 7

Dealer turns 17 I'm out

I am not an official ploppie! ewwww!

I need to take a shower :vomit: