Show #1 - EBJ

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by fgk42, Sep 16, 2006.

1. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

All I can saw is WOW

Congratulations Ken !

Impressive! I can't WAIT till next week!

Best Line:

"It comes down to the mouth vs the man from the South" :laugh:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  2. pergo56

pergo56 Member

Ken

Congratulations Ken, great job at the UBT.:1st:

3. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Congrats Ken

Great job to yourself and all that played on todays show.

Sidekick

4. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

I have to say, it came across great on TV.

Dave pulling a 2 and then Ken pulling on 5 on hard 16 DD's? Are you kidding me? Hell, it couldn't have been more perfect if they scripted it. Perfect debut. Now I see why CBS jumped on it.

Ladies and Gentleman, television's new star: Ken Smith :)

Both Dave and Ken came across really well. Congrats to both of you guys.

5. eastexaspro

eastexaspro Member

ken is the man

i believe that class showed great job ken eastexpro

6. noman

noman Top Member

You Go Girl!

Hooray!
    Otay!
    WOW!
    Huzzah...Huzzah!
    YAHOO!
    Whoya!
    Blow me down mates!
    Hot! Sizzlin! SSSSZZissszz!
    Outstanding Show. Great TV!
    Great commercials
    BP! CERRITOS! YODA!
    Bring it on.
    Too bad I can't stay connected.

7. noman

noman Top Member

UBT Show follow up:

Congrats to Russ Hamilton, Max Rubin, Moonvees and the boys on great vision, great execution and utilizing some really outstanding production and promotion techniques. Anybody worth a bj salt out to camp out on either bj21 or ultimate to take the on-line poker players money. Not sayin those that have played, but the newbie ploppies. I I only had a horse.

8. Jackaroo

Jackaroo New Member

Fantastic

Excellent show!

Great game!!

Marvelous last hand!!!

Congratulations to winner Ken :1st: and runner-up Hollywood :2nd:

--jr

9. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Thanks guys!
    What a show, what a table, what a finish!

And, kudos to Hollywood Dave. Dude, you're a hell of a player.

10. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

Impressive Win, Southern Gentleman

COOL KEN :cool:

You came across with class....very GOOD presentation. We know it's after the fact, but hope you are celebrating.

:celebrate

F & L

11. napodot

napodot New Member

Ubt #1

WHAT A SHOW ! ! ! ! !
    WHAT A GAME ! ! ! ! !
    WHAT A FINISH ! ! ! ! !

Congratulations Ken …… a very deserving owner of the FIRST UBT necklace…..

12. MSCHROEDZ

MSCHROEDZ New Member

UBT - nice

Seriously! Ultimate Blackjack Tour had a GREAT opening show. I really wasn't expecting being so sucked into the intensity of the game. It's the perfect amount of energy I need to warm up to a day of incredible College Football. I thought that Hollywood Dave had that momma's boy Ken Smith. But congrats to him - what a ballsy move - what a hand - what a show!

13. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Terrific Show Guys

Ken and Hollywood put on a clinic in head to head blackjack. And the presentation was as exciting as any poker show.

14. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Always the bridesmaid?

Dude, what a rockin' show... i gotta hand it to Ken here, I really thought i had him on that secret bet hand. I was absolutely convinced that i knew the only possible range of bets he could've made, and so tailored my own bet to correlate with that. Well, turns out our fearless leader KNEW i'd do that, and took the shot at the secret low -- plain and simple, i got outplayed at that moment! of course it was exciting to have that last shot with the DD on the 16, but my hat's off to Ken on this one & i know i'll be playing him much differently from now on...

And hey, like I said at the end of the show: I'll be back, Ken Smith! I'll be back!

-hd.

15. thrasht

thrasht New Member

Sweet

Nicely done Ken, Congrats.

16. Joep

Joep Active Member

Well Done My Friends

Ken and Dave what you 2 "Pros" did for blackjack tournaments today will always be remembered .

The fact that the both of you got heads up speaks volumes for the skill vs luck factor.

Joep

17. kirbyk

kirbyk New Member

I too would like to offer my congratulations to Ken. Can't imagine a better show to draw in new viewers/players. I think it answered the question, at least for a week, in all those commercials - bj players rule!

18. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Please clarify

Joep I didn't want to mess up the TV thread with this question but what the HECK are you talking about? :confused:

Heads up? Please define.

I saw skill in betting - no doubt about that. But I also saw LUCK. Think about this - how many times have YOU doubled on a hard 16 and drew a 2 or 5? vs. a dealer stiff?

Personally I think that LAST hand solidified the LUCK advocates - tell me where I'm wrong

19. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Congratulations

Congratulations Ken, Hollywood, and Michael (I didn't forget you, you just got very unlucky).

Joep above you state it was skill vs luck? Wasn't every player invited for these UBT events concedered the best in the world, (at least that is what you keep posting year) so with all the players being equal wouldn't LUCK be the deciding factor?

Don't get me wrong I am not taking anything away from the skill the players showed yesterday and I agree that skill is important, but had Michael not had bad luck or he should have been one of the final two players.

With 100% of the players being "Skilled Seasoned Tournament Players" I will go out on a limb and say that a "Skilled Player" wins every show from last year.

Since they started how many of the freerolls or bigger online events have a seasoned tournament player won so far? I would bet that I would be winning my bet that 80% have been won by non-seasoned tournament players (at least not BJ seasoned players).

If I am wrong I am sorry, but I bet I'm not!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  20. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I'll venture an answer for Joe. I think Joe's point is that this event started with 63 players, and the fact that it came down to me and Dave was pretty strong support for skill being worth a lot in tournament play.

Were we lucky along the way? Absolutely. We had to get lucky in the early rounds, and we both had to get very lucky during the final table to get to the end. I was all-in on hand 11 for example. But there were also a lot of skillful plays that allowed us to dodge the bullets on the way to getting heads up at the end.