So, what's with VV and SY turf wars? (San Diego)

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Sandy Eggo, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo Member

I saw the calendar update about the Valley View $5k tournament moving to SUNDAY at noon.

Hmmm, seems a little dirty pool to me to move on top of Santa Ysabel's $800 weekly game at 1pm when there's no possible way to loose at VV and have enough time to get to SY.

Are they trying to steal the almost 24 players SY gets for their game? :confused:

Compare:

VV Buy-in: $40 and $20 re-buy
    SY Buy-in: $35

VV: 6 deck shoe
    SY: 6 deck shoe Sundays (Thurs game is 2deck pitch)

VV: One moves on to Semi, not sure about Final table, with Wild Card draws for open seats
    SY: Depending on seats sold -- 2/3/4 tables play, 3 or 4 to Semi, and 3 to Final

VV: Final payout totals $5k.
    SY: $800 breaks out as $500/200/100 and has been known to chop at 4, 5, and even final 6 players lately.

VV: Play chips start at ??. Min bet is single chip (5?) and max is 500.
    SY: Play chips start at 3k, min. betting 100 for 10 hands, 200 for last 5 in early rounds. Final is min200 10 hands/min400 last 5. All in at any time.

VV: Chip count on hand 15 all tables.
    SY: Chip count on last 3 hands all tables.

So, with the stiff competition at VV to get a seat into the Semis, why would I play vs. an easier time to the final table at SY? Yes, the $5k does make a big difference, and being 1x a month vs. 2x a week. I'd go for the harder game and more $$$$ 1x a month just to see if I could score.

Ok, so I'm venting and stomping my feet like a spoiled little brat. I liked it when VV was on Monday so I could play them all....alright, call me greedy, too. :D