Software Update in progress

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KenSmith, Nov 12, 2005.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I've just updated the forum software, and I'm still having some issues with the members area and the event calendar.

You're free to post and read messages now though. I'll post again once I've repaired the trouble.

2. KenSmith

Well, I think all is well again. If you have any problems, please let me know.

We went from VBulletin 3.0.6 to vBulletin 3.5.1, and all the stuff that connects the members area to the message forum had to be tweaked after the upgrade.

3. KenSmith

Firefox editing problem

On one of my two machines, I'm having trouble posting and editing posts.

When I use my preferred browser (Firefox), all my text gets posted as one big paragraph, ignoring the line breaks I used when typing it in.

The weird thing is that I use Firefox successfully on my laptop, and IE works fine on both machines. I'm sure it has to do with the recent software upgrade, and I see mention on other sites of other vBulletin users having this problem.

So, if you're having trouble posting with Firefox, use IE instead until I can get it fixed.

4. KenSmith

Problem solved.

Symptom: Having trouble with the new message editor, like the buttons aren't working, or the line feeds disappear when you post or preview.

Cause: Cached copies of some of the software's Javascript from the old version.

Solution: Force a full reload of the page. In Firefox, that can be done by pressing Ctrl-F5.