St. Ignace Anyone? (10/8/05)

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by DanMayo, Sep 28, 2005.

1. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

Anyone going to be making the next $35,000 Blackjack Blowout at St. Ignace next weekend? Slim? Toolman? David? Regina?

Wife and I will be arriving late on Friday night.

I've been away from the felt for a few months with too many end of summer projects and looking forward to getting to that final table once again! :D

Dan

P.S. Final table has seven seats so you all can have a one too! :laugh:

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Have to skip this time

I had originally planned to be there but plans changed a month or so ago. Got invited to the Flamingo for their tournament being held the same weekend as St.Ignace. Managed to put together 2 BJ tournaments (Flamingo and Stardust) and a slot tournament for my wife (I can't fully break her away from those damn machines) at the Paris. So I'll be in Las Vegas for 10 nights. Hope my bankroll can hold up or I'll be doing a lot of sight seeing and walking up and down the strip.

Because of the uncertain weather conditions in the upper peninsula during the winter, I probably will not be back to St. Ignace until the spring. Good luck, DanMayo, at St.Ignace. Maybe you, your wife, and your brother can take 1st - 3rd! ;)

3. DavidLillard

DavidLillard New Member

Barring the UNforseen, I plan to be there. Hopefully, I can at least make it to the final table, this time.

Have FUN, David.

4. slim100_us

slim100_us New Member

Dan,

I will Be there. I have been away from the felt myself. Summer is busy, so I am looking forward to this tournament.

good luck,

Slim

5. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

No winner from this board

FYI,

After getting a late start and then having the serpentine belt go out on our car, we finally made it up to St. Ignace at 1:45 in the morning.

Made it into the second round after rebuying only to have a very frustrating time of it. This tourney is 42 hands long, initial bankroll of $1500 with 50min/500max bets allowed. 4deck shoe, DAS, DSA, S17, no insurance offered by allows early surender.

On hand 34, with the button just passing me I found myself $850 behind BR2 and my chips were down to about $875. (two move on) Decided it was time to play catchup. (chip count after hand 35).

Hand 34 Bet $435, lost.
    Hand 35 Bet $435, won.
    Chip count, was still about $850 behind BR2
    Hand 36 Bet $435 lost.
    Hand 37 Bet $435 Pushed with 20.
    Hand 38 Bet $435 Pushed with 20. :confused:
    Hand 39 Bet $435 Pushed with 20. :confused:
    (are we seeing a pattern here?? :flame:
    Hand 40 Bet $435 Pushed with 20.
    Hand 41 Bet $435 lost with 19. (finally put me out of my misery!)
    Out with only $5 left.

I guess if I had more money left I would of started splitting those tens against the dealers ten.

Oh well, there is always next time. (February 06)

Slim and David I believe both made into the third round and Regina made it into the second round before they all got knocked out. (final table = 4th round)

Dan