St. Ignace this Weekend? (4/28/06)

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by DanMayo, Apr 25, 2006.

1. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

Anybody else going to be making the trip to St. Ignace this weekend? My wife and I should be showing up around 3PM Friday afternoon.

Slim?
    David?
    Toolman?

I already heard that some Monkey business will be happening.:laugh: Looking forward to meeting MonkeySystem and his wife.

Good Luck,
    Dan

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

No St. Ignace this time

I'll be at Harrah's St Louis hangin' with the St Louis Mafia this weekend. Playing in their MILLIONAIRE MAKER BJ QUALIFIER and their PAI GOW tournament. Why Pai Gow? 70 contestants at $25 each makes $1,750 in entry fees. Prize pool is $15,000 guaranteed with first place at $5,000! That's why.

I'm sure you'll manage without me. Have a great time and GOOD LUCK!:D

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

DanMayo or MonkeySystem, if either of you are interested in covering the last 5 hands of the St Ignace event for a small payment, let me know. You can call me at 601-310-4112 on Saturday.

4. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

Play at 1PM

Ken.

Post what you need or send me a PM. I'll see how I do today and if I'm not at the final table tomorrow I can if I can get access to the room (no charge). I'll also check with Monkey.

We also have Regina here this weekend.

I'll keep all posted.

Dan

5. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

Play by play

Ken.

They asked us to submit a letter for the next tourney to be allowed in the tournement room and do a play by play. the rules currently state only active tourny players are allowed in the room. I will do this for August.

Monkeysystem (after rebuy) Regina and myself have All advanced to the next round.

They have assigned a dealer to read cards for Regina. I think they had complaints that her husband was helping her too much.

Dealers were not too nice to my wife and she is out even after rebuy.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Dan

P.S. The crableg buffet was great as was the wirlpool!

6. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

OK, we'll work on that for the next tourney then. Good luck to you, MonkeySys and BJSweetie. Bring home the goods!

7. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

Semifinals

BJSweetie and I have made it to the semifinals (3rd and last round before the final table).

MonkeySystem had a terrible run of cards and is out after quarter finals.

We play at one and I hope we get different tables.

Dan

8. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

NO Winners

Well we got to sit at different tables but no winners.

I think MonkeySystems cards followed me and on hand 39 was having to make doubledowns on 14's to catch an extremely luckey leader (one advanced) but failed after I hit a 22 and she drew a BJ on her big bet.

Next time will be in August.

Dan

9. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

St. Ignace

BJSweetie suffered a similar fate with tough cards in the 1/4 semifinal.

One of the finalists is a regular tourney player at Ho Chunk. I'm really happy for him. He lost his mother a few weeks ago, so he needed something positive like that.

I really had a great time. DanMayo it was great meeting you and Judy. BJSweetie it was nice seeing you guys again. :)