Strategy for Sit and Go tournaments

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by misterx, Dec 23, 2009.

1. misterx

misterx New Member

Where can I find web pages that explains the strategy to win sit and go tournaments?

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

For blackjack tournaments, sit and go strategy is identical to the strategy for larger events. Since at any point you are competing only against the players at your table (and your chip totals do not carry forward), it does not matter whether you are in round one of a large event or at the final table of a large or small event.

The articles referenced in the strategy section of this site are relevant to all.

3. misterx

misterx New Member

What do you mean with "large event"?
    I only read about: tournament with elimination hands and tournament without elimination hands.

Sorry about that, but I am new about tournaments.

4. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

By "larger" events here, I simply mean events that include more than one round. That is, you play against your table in the first round, and if you succeed you advance to the second round where you play against another table of opponents. In a sit & go, you typically play just the one table and that's that. No strategy difference though, just a shorter event.

The question of elimination hands is a separate one. For games with elimination hands, my e-book covers the strategies in some detail. I can't immediately think of a freely available article that talks much about it. That should probably be remedied here.