Stratergy

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by ARLINE, Oct 11, 2004.

1. ARLINE

ARLINE New Member

I Am Fairly New To The Tournament Circle And Would Like To Know This,if Your Playing In A Tournament That Plays 20 Hand And Max Bet Is 150 Should You Be Making Larger Bets,seems To Me This Is Just A Show Down And All Bet Max.i Usually Bet Minimium And See How Dealer Is Doing But Dont Quite Know When I Should Make My Move If The Dealer Is Dumping.

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I'd still recommend starting with small bets. If the dealer turns out to be hot, you may be able to advance without ever taking any risk. Of course, that doesn't happen very often, but it's still worth waiting 10 hands or so to see.

With 10 hands left to go, assess your situation. You'll probably be behind by a fair amount if your competition has been betting aggressively. Hopefully only one or two players have been successful though. If they're still betting big, you can still wait, and make minimum bets for a few more hands. If on the other hand they've started betting small (under half a max bet), you should probably now make big bets in an attempt to catch them.

Just be aware that if you wait too long, everyone at the table will be betting big, and it's tough to catch up then.

This fundamental idea of betting opposite those in the lead is a powerful one. Once you're in the lead, you should instead start matching their bets.

There's plenty more great advice on the boards here. Just look around, and best of luck.