SuperBowl Sunday

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by fgk42, Feb 3, 2008.

1. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

I've got the Giants +14

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

HUMMMM

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  3. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

What Da!!

4. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

This SuperBowl is like McDonalds

I'm loving it!

Attached Files:

5. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Some people are just lucky.

6. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Woo Hoo!!!!

:celebrate

7. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Its been great to see good games last two years unlike the blowouts that had consumed Super Sunday for so long. One thing I found interesting about the half time show. Tom Petty is a great singer and the Heart Breakers rock they were great yesterday. But,,,since when is Tom Petty a super star the like of Rolling Stones etc.? I found it almost funny he was the "big" act for the Super Bowl. Also, why in the heck didnt he sing "Refugee" :)

8. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

What a game! That was what a Superbowl should be.

9. The best screenwriter in the world couldn't have written a better Super Bowl script for all of us Ole Miss folks yesterday. Oddly enough for a Southern boy, I have been a Giants fan for over 40 years and the reason was the Giants drafted a different Ole Miss quarterback. Back when I was in first grade, the Giants drafted Glenn Griffin to replace Yelverton Albert Tittle at QB. From then on, I was a Giants guy thru and thru. They are still my second favorite team but I had to switch my primary loyalty to the Saints when Archie went there.

To put it mildly, there are a lot of happy :joker: people down here in MS right now. The only person I know happier than me is my mother. She keeps an 8" by 10" signed and framed photo of Eli on her fireplace mantle.

Go BIG BLUE!

10. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Me Too

The Packers and Patriots have been my two favorite teams. But the Giants won a playoff game in Lambeau Field in below zero, then beat the 18-0 juggernaut by answering a champion's comeback drive with one of their own. They did it with hustle and hitting and heart. I'm the newest Giants fan! :1st: