Take the Low ???

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by mica, Jun 8, 2011.

1. mica

mica New Member

I'm reading as much as I can on this site...trying to learn from all you pros.

This is probably a really stupid question...but everyone already knows I'm a newbie w much to learn....so here goes:

Several posts refer to giving up..or keeping..."the low"...

What is "a low"...and why would it be desirable? I thought getting the most "highest" amount of chips is the main idea?

The word "low" is often used in the same sentence as the word "high"....suggesting that if u can't have one...it might be best to have the other.

Can anyone set me straight?

Oh...I ordered both if the frequently recommended tourney books..,.but Amazon is taking forever to process my order! Hopefully I won't have to bug this group so often once they arrive!

Thx for help!

Mica

2. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

A simplified explanation..............
    Taking the low refers to making a bet that puts you in the lead if the dealer beats everyone.
    Taking the high refers to making a bet that puts you in the lead if everyone beats the dealer.

mica likes this.
  3. mica

mica New Member

Thanks

Simple is good. Thanks for explanation....I will be examining the lows and highs if the local tourney I'm in tonight.

The more I learn, the more obvious it becomes to me that my successes with tourney play to date have been due to dumb luck!'

I am really impressed and grateful that players of the caliber of this site r willing to reach out and help a newbie that dreams if competing against u someday!

What goes around comes around ...,u should have lots of good karma by now!

Good cards to all,

Mica