TBT update...

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by TXtourplayer, Jan 19, 2007.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Well I didn't want to post anything until mid to late February, but with all the bad news we keep getting about the online gaming I thought I'd try and post something positive about blackjack tournaments.

As many of you know, last year we created the "Tournament Blackjack Players Association" (TBJPA) and we are currently trying to start up a new affordable "open to all" blackjack tour.

Since we first announced the Tournament Blackjack Tour, (TBT) we have made a few changes.

We originally tried to schedule 12 tournaments (one each month) in different areas of the country. Practicality dictates the TBT holds as many events as possible in a wide verity of locations.

We feel this will attract new players to tournament blackjack along with giving seasoned tournament players more opportunities to play in open events (locally or at least closer) with what I believe is the best format and rules around.

Now we have a few locations that are interested in hosting these TBT events, but we have even more that want to see them in action before committing to hosting any of the events.

We hope to post a schedule of locations and tentative dates sometime around April 2007.

Remember all we can do is try to organize some tournaments that will be affordable and open to all. It will be up the players to determine if they are successful.

We can announce at this point, that two of the TBT events will be held on the blackjack cruises. That right CRUISES, one of the tournaments will be held on the July 14th-19th cruise. A second cruise is being planned (a 4/5 day cruise) in Jan. of 2008 and one of those tournaments will be a TBT event as well.

Note: I have selected several very successful players to serve on the TBJPA rules committee. This is why I personally think we will offer the most player friendly format and rules around, once the TBT gets rolling.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  2. Fredguy

Fredguy New Member

explain

"with what I believe is the best format and rules around."

What would these be ?

3. TXtourplayer

Here goes...

Fredguy, I've posted them before but here goes:

The format will consist of a good old fashion elimination format where two players minimum will advance throughout the tournament from each table in each round.

No more than 6 players per table.

Twenty-four to thirty-six hands will be played in each round, no forced early elimination; all players have a chance to over come being down early.

The starting bankrolls will be $500 in "NCV" chips, with min. $5 and max. $200 bets.

Deal will rotate after every hand.

Surrender offered.

Split up to 3 times, Ace only once.

Double downs allowed after first two cards, split hands included.

Entry fees will be affordable (around $300 + fees)

Satellites events will be offered in most locations for chances to win entry into the main event for an even lower fee (around $40 range).

These are some of the main rules and the basic format.

All tournaments are open to “ALL” players.

Another thing the TBJPA is trying to do is host these events in as many locations around the country to make them as easily accessible to as many players as possible.

4. Fredguy

Fredguy New Member

Rules

I agree....these are optimum tournament rules.

I'm pleased that you're not going with early elimination, and that idiodic maximum "all in" bet.

Count me in on as many of these tournaments as I can make.

5. TXtourplayer

Come on, the door is always open...

You will be more than welcome to play in all the TBT events you want.

Your invited to come on the Blackjack cruise in July if you get a chance. We have a blast and you'll get all the tournament play you'll want when we are not in post.