"Thank You" feature

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KenSmith, Sep 6, 2009.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

You'll notice a new "Thanks!" button under each post. Click that button to show your appreciation for helpful or insightful posts. In addition, each user profile shows the number of time thanks were given or received.

Enjoy!

2. bylex

bylex New Member

Nice. Very usefull indeed.

Cheers.

OBS: just trying it out, oops...

UB-Pitboss likes this.
  3. KenSmith

If you tried the thank you feature earlier, there was a problem. Now solved. Thank away.

tgun, Drbass, c21rick and 8 others like this.
  4. Maybe we can organize a pool for the total number of thanks that Ken gets. You know it will (and rightfully so) be a huge number.

UB-Pitboss likes this.
  5. hopinglarry

hopinglarry Top Member

Ken

The totals should be in the thousands in very short period of time.

Larry

6. KenSmith

Not a popular change over at BJI

The Thank You feature wasn't very warmly received over at BlackjackInfo.com, and I disabled it there. I'm curious if anyone here thinks similarly.

The thread discussing it over there is here:
    http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=15455

7. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

In my few brief forays over there, I've noticed that they can be a rather cynical bunch sometimes. :laugh:

Seriously, I don't see anything at all wrong with it, although the little "scoreboard" by everyone's name above their posts could probably go away without being missed.

8. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

If you like cheese its just fine.............................

9. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Unnecessary

No need for this feature that I can see. A written (typed) or spoken expression of thanks is much more effective and not too much trouble, in my opinion.

Billy C

10. KenSmith

I've removed the thank you stats from beside each post, but the feature otherwise is still available.

UB-Pitboss likes this.
  11. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Pretty nice

I really didn't pay that much attention to the feature until today and noticed a thank you under one of the posts. I like it, it simple and out of the way and lets a member know their are appreciated when making a good post. Good job/idea Ken.

UB-Pitboss and FBJeffy like this.