The funniest hand ever

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by bjmace, Nov 12, 2007.

1. bjmace

bjmace Member

I was playing EBJ on the club last night for the cruise package,

Approaching last Hand with 3 of us left and 2 going through I was struggling to overtake the other two players,

There was only a few thousand in it but they were either
    Correlating my bet and not losing or When i was betting after them I was losing if i tried to bet higher then them or winning if i was trying to bet lower then them!
    So we reach final hand I'm Not that bothered as am betting 2nd and none of us have secret bets so know i will have a good chance anyway.

Can't remember exact points but were something like(in Betting order)

Player 1 - 34,000
    Player 2(Me) - 29,000
    Player 3 - 32,000

Player 1 bets 25,000 locking me out of beating him on a win even if i dd

I bet 14,500 knowing i have low and surrender on Player 1 and if need be i can double to take any single bet by p3

Player 3 Matches my bet of 14,500 giving him high,low,surrender on me

Cards out
    P1 - gets dealt A,3 and hits making 21! ouch
    p2(me) - Dealt soft 13
    P3 - Dealt BJ (more ouch)

So I know P1 has made hand and there is no way i can beat him, P3 has been dealt a BJ giving him 53,750, My only hope is to DD so I do.

play now goes to player 3 and the question is what does he do? :rolleyes:

This is the funny part he DD's for less in fact he doubles for $6k the difference between his Bj'd total and my double total

so dealer busts P1 goes through with 59,000
    I go through with 58,000
    and P3 is left with 52,500 probably wondering where he went wrong :confused:

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Heh. A new way to shoot yourself in the foot. Hmmm... Let's see, the blackjack will leave me $6K short, so I'll double for that.

3. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Mental meltdown

Looks like BR2 was adding the blackjack payout to his total and realised they would be $6,000 down to BR3's DD and needed to DD themself.

However they failed to realize they lose that extra $7,750 BJ payoff and would really be down down $11,500 to BR3's DD (not $6,000) and needed to DD for at least $12,000 to beat BR3.

Of course I am just assuming that is what happened.

4. bjmace

bjmace Member

Thats what i assumed he had done, just bizarre because in reality i was all in so without any calculations all he had to do was DD and he would have had chips left over!