The hell with poker, take care of the BJ players!!!!

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by TXtourplayer, Oct 19, 2006.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I have played some tournaments at UB and Bet21.com with some success, but none of the big ones. After reading the following posts I don’t think I am going to until a few changes are made in favor of the blackjack players. At the present time it seems these sites are favoring their poker players over us and I personally don’t care for the situation and think it is time for some changes.

david matthews post at LVA: Posts: 4848
    10/19/06 1:46 PM

I ended up winning two of the $215 evening tourneys for St. Kitts packages. I was curious how it would handle someone winning more than once.

On the first one, I received $1,500 for travel, plus the $2,700 buy in, plus a hotel room for 7 nights.

On the second one, I received $6,000 in tournament dollars. I am able to use them to buy into Bet21 online poker tournaments, both scheduled tournaments and Sit n Gos. I'm told they're working on allowing the use of those tourney dollars for blackjack tournaments too. Guess you'll be seeing me play a lot of poker tourneys now.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    David both of your wins were playing in blackjack tournaments, but you can't use the tournament bucks won for playing in blackjack tournaments to play in other blackjack tournaments? But you can use them for poker? And I assume since they are non-transferable you have to use them or lose them.

Okay, that makes a lot of sense.

I may be wrong, but I believe David played in about 5 other $200 + $15 St. Kitts‘s qualifiers (after winning one of them, congratulations by the way). So let me get this straight; David pays another $1,075 really cash, and order to win $6,000 tournament bucks (from a BJ satellite event) that he now can only use for poker. Okay so now while he is down in St. Kitts he will have to pay cash out of his only pockets to play in other BJ satellite events that he could have saved his $1,075 real cash for. What’s worst the $6,000 tournament bucks are non-transferable.

What about the players who won 2nd place? Was their prizes cash, or tournament bucks and if tournament bucks will they be for poker only as well?

I just don't understand why tournament bucks won in blackjack can't be used for blackjack, can you explain the logic in this?

With the issue over bonuses not being for blackjack and only poker and now tournament bucks won on blackjack only being good for poker as well it seems Bet21.com and UB are not taking very good care of their blackjack players.

As a blackjack player this concerns me. :flame:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t believe anyone here has gotten their bonuses from Bet21.com they were promised and as of yet no explanation to why they were told they would get one and didn’t. What I last remember reading about was the bonuses were for poker only and they were going to look into it for the blackjack players and that was how many weeks ago? Has anyone heard anything about the bonuses and now this!

I am not being negative to anyone on this site, nor am I trying to cause trouble, but I am warning all the blackjack players to be aware that these sites do not care about the interest of the blackjack players or these problems would have already been corrected by now.

I will still play the smaller events (at least until we have to stop or I run out of money in my account…LOL), but I had waited to see what problems a new site might have before throwing bigger money out on the table. After seeing what is happening I doubt I’ll ever play any of their bigger games (unless I start playing a lot of poker…LOL).

These problems are not going to stop players from playing at their sites, but at least I think all the BLACKJACK PLAYERS should know the score if they do play there and not be surprised if they find out what they won is only good for poker.

Like my last big post, it is time to unite! I am talking about Blackjack players, we need to stand up for our rights. These sites need us, don't let them screw us around. Why should poker players get bonuses and tournament bucks when the Blackjack players are the ones paying? Lets stand up for what is right!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  2. pro4u

pro4u New Member

Bonus Dollars

I contacted Ultimate Bet about the bonus dollars. They informed that they do not have the software in place to track blackjack.

3. TXtourplayer

Please fix the problems or come up with better excuses...

When Bet21.com started up it was my understanding they were about blackjack and promoting new elimination format and offering satellite tournaments for UBT events. They had big names players advertising and promoting the site such as Anthony C, Kenny E, Ken S, Hollywood Dave, and even Joe P. so we all took it for granted the site would be GREAT.

Now I have questioned somethings about the site but understood it was new and I figured they might have a few bugs, but to not award tournament bucks won in a blackjack tournament to be used for blackjack tournaments, but only poker? That isn’t a bug that is a major mistake for a blackjack site to make! :rolleyes:

The excuse they gave to pro4u doesn’t seem to hold water, try again.
    How do they track all the Sit & Go tournaments and the Schedule events, including the St. Kitts winners if they don’t have blackjack software? :eek: Even if Ultimate bet doesn't have the blackjack software, why wouldn't Bet21.com have the software?

Notice I didn't post my usual LOL afterwards, because this really isn't funny. :flame:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  4. pokernut

pokernut New Member

Even if Ultimate bet doesn't have the blackjack software, why wouldn't Bet21.com have the software?

Bet21 is just a skin of UB. UB(Excapsa Software) controls everything, however most skins can have seperate tourneys and games but they share player base. They rent the software and can not make changes to it.

5. TXtourplayer

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply pokernut and explanation. That makes some sense, but to open a blackjack site and not award tournament bucks for blackjack tournaments you must admit was a big over site on someones part.

I read a reply post from David M. at LVA tonight and he said that he does play some poker, so all is not lost and even better he posted that he could sell some of the tournament bucks to poker players in St. Kitts (at about 5% to 10% discount). I guess they are going to allow transfers of prizes after all.

I hope for David's sake he is correct.

On another note: thumbs up for PlayUBT to stop allowing viewers from posting on the chat and how fast the problem was corrected. Well done!

6. pokernut

pokernut New Member

Tex you said;
    When Bet21.com started up it was my understanding they were about blackjack and promoting new elimination format and offering satellite tournaments for UBT events. They had big names players advertising and promoting the site such as Anthony C, Kenny E, Ken S, Hollywood Dave, and even Joe P. so we all took it for granted the site would be GREAT.

If you are paid by a site for promotion you are not going to say anything bad about it if you want to keep the checks coming in. And if you are getting checks from them you will continue to say it is the best and the greatest in order to build more income for the site and yourself. If you have paid attention to poker pros whoever is sponsoring them at the time is the best site but as soon as they change sponsors the new one becomes the best.

7. TXtourplayer

Just telling it like it is...

I understand being sponsored, but I don't believe any of the players I mentioned have anything to do with the technical of software portion of the site.

I am sure they want everything to run smooth and be successful, that would only help them out.

If there is a problem I point it out, if they fix it great, no more problem. Every business will have problems at one time or another, it is how they handle the problems is what is important.

Just like the chat room problem, it was handled and that was nicely done and pretty fast. If they handle the other issue in a fast manner, and no more problems, then I'll post positive for them at that time.

I have enjoyed playing their smaller sit & goes (up to $50 + $5), but as I mentioned before, I am waiting for the bugs to be ironed out before I risk $100 + on any online games.

So far other than the ocational disconnect I haven't had may problems. But once again, if it happened on a higher priced game I would get up-set.

I'll be fair, I just want them to be fair also.

8. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Chat

I agree that it's inappropriate for observers to be helping players in the chat. But I wish there were some kind of chat feature like Global's where it can be done off the games. That would be fun. Even a PM feature would be cool.