The Orleans

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by chipsmccoy, Oct 8, 2006.

1. chipsmccoy

chipsmccoy New Member

The Orleans will be having a Blackjack Tournament 11-13 DEC. No further details at this time - just advance notice of the dates. Have been informed that most of the marketing staff from the Stardust will be relocating to The Orleans and they will be "picking up" the Stardust Tournament program.

Chips

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Ohhhhh

OK. Let's hear it from those that want the Orleans imploded - you know, same same Stardust.

3. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

That's the rumor

I talked with Mike Musicaro about a month ago (head of marketing at the Orleans).

I was told they just had one BJ tournament and may host some more, but he didn't think they would be as big (nor wanted) them as big as the Stardust.

Also Stan Roth still has a say in who can and cannot play in the tournaments is my understanding so the lists moves over to the Orleans.

4. Joep

Joep Active Member

In my opinion if they are going to have the same mind set as the StardBUST then BLOW it up. :bomb:

Blow up all the sweat joints in town not just these 2 :bomb:

If they are in the gambling business as their Nevada liscense duly states then they should use their license for what it was issued for to accept all bets up to their posted limits. If they are only in the business of hosting parties and tournaments and dealing to players that they believe are SUCKERS then they should be treated like the SCUM that they are.

Joep

5. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Joep lives!

Thanks Joep. I knew you would not let us down, Consistency, that's what we like. ;)

6. AZdrew

AZdrew New Member

please forgive my ignorance...

...but I'm still a newbie,I guess you could say. I dont know the full story on this one-can anyone enlighten me?

7. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

8. pokernut

pokernut New Member

9. AZdrew

AZdrew New Member

interesting reading

Thanks Ken,for pointing me in the right direction. I was all for blowing it up before I got into this thread...maybe they can get the Frontier,Sahara and Riviera as well? The 50's are gone,and they aren't coming back.