The stupidest game show contestent ever!!!!

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by Reachy, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Reachy

Reachy New Member

LMAO!

Idaho resident Kathy Evans brought humiliation to her friends and family when she set a new standard for stupidity with her appearance on the popular TV show, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire."

It seems that Evans, a 32-year-old wife and mother of two, got stuck on the first question, and proceeded to make what fans of the show are dubbing "the absolute worst use of lifelines ever."

After being introduced to the show's host Meredith Vieira, Evans assured her that she was ready to play, whereupon she was posed with an extremely easy $100 question.

The question was: "Which of the following is the largest?"

A) A Peanut
    B) An Elephant
    C) The Moon
    D) Hey, who you calling large?

Immediately Mrs. Evans was struck with an all consuming panic as she realized that this was a question to which she did not readily know the answer.

"Hmm, oh boy, that's a toughie," said Evans, as Vieira did her level best to hide her disbelief and disgust. "I mean, I'm sure I've heard of some of these things before, but I have no idea how large they would be."

Evans made the decision to use the first of her three lifelines, the 50/50. Answers A and D were removed, leaving her to decide which was bigger, an elephant or the moon. However, faced with an incredibly easy question, Evans still remained unsure.

"Oh! It removed the two I was leaning towards!" exclaimed Evans. "Darn. I think I better phone a friend." Using the second of her two lifelines on the first question, Mrs. Evans asked to be connected with her friend Betsy, who is an office assistant.

"Hi Betsy! How are you? This is Kathy! I'm on TV!" said Evans, wasting the first seven seconds of her call. "Ok, I got an important question. Which of the following is the largest? B, an elephant, or C, the moon. 15 seconds hun."

Betsy quickly replied that the answer was C, the moon. Evans proceeded to argue with her friend for the remaining ten seconds. "Come on Betsy, are you sure?" said Evans. "How sure are you? Puh, that can't be it."

To everyone's astonishment, the moronic Evans declined to take her friend's advice and pick 'The Moon.' "I just don't know if I can trust Betsy. She's not all that bright. So I think I'd like to ask the audience," said Evans.

Asked to vote on the correct answer, the audience returned 98% in favor of answer C, 'The Moon.' Having used up all her lifelines, Evans then made the dumbest choice of her life.

"Wow, seems like everybody is against what I'm thinking," said the too-stupid-to-live Evans. "But you know, sometimes you just got to go with your gut. So, let's see. For which is larger, an elephant or the moon, I'm going to have to go with B, an elephant. Final answer."

Evans sat before the dumbfounded audience, the only one waiting with bated breath, and was told that she was wrong, and that the answer was in fact, C, 'The Moon.'

Cheers

Reachy

Attached Files:

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Apparently 2% were just as dumb. The scariest part is these people vote for who should lead our country.:eek: :yikes: :cool:

3. marichal

marichal Member

the next wsob champ, kathy evans!!!!!!!!! her posse, the 2% in the audience

great post reachy

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  4. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

This didn't ACTUALLY happen. It's a fake news story shown on sites like The Onion.

It is quite funny though.

5. Reachy

Reachy New Member

thought so

I had my suspicions it was a fake but like you said, it was a good story.

Cheers

Reachy

6. marichal

marichal Member

great, ace. now another fanasty down the tube. say it ain't so buddy. kind of hoping to get her phone number. i just might have been smarter than at least one person in this world. the search continues.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  7. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Is this "ENGLISH HUMOR"?

8. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

HAAA...

This is certainly a set up.

I can personally attest that the screening process almost assures that this could never happen..

Last December I traveled to the Upper West Side of Manhatten for a interview and to attend a taping of Millionaire.

Around 150 people were present for the pre-interview TEST. It is a 30-35 question test with questions about anything and everything...

8 people out of 150 did well enough to be further interviewed...:eek:

I was lucky enough to be one of the 8 (Im loaded full of useless information)though I am still on a huge waiting list of potential players and havent heard from them for a call to appear....I understand they may never call...Ive long stoped holding my breath...:cool:

It was a great experience ...I got to meet and chat with Meridith Veria...

As is typical I think ...the studio where taping is held is so different from what one expects....very small....up on a platform on a small stage lighted and with mirrors underneath...the studio audience isnt all that large....maybe 150 -175.

Across the hall was the studio for Tony Danza Show ...now since canceled...it was even smaller...

I enjoyed watching the Millionaire production process....they did aprox 2 shows in 3/4 hours...

Tickets are available for free if you wish to watch and usually you can take the test if they are auditioning...google em and its listed on the site if they are taping , when , etc...

They get lots of New Yorkers there obviously so they really like it if you are from somewhere other than NY/NJ...it actually helps your chances if you have come from some distance...

But as for a really unknowledgeable person getting on.... passing the test would be a block....the followup interview with the shows producers would catch the rest....

One person won $25,000 and the other won $50,000 when I was there....the questions get so obscure and tough after that point that willing a million is darn near impossible...even making the 50,000 level is tough ....the girl was quite excited as well she should have been.

The show is taped across the street from Central Park...and a 2 minute walk from Donald Trumps building often shown on his show...Apprentice....15 minute cab ride downtown to the Ed Sullivan Theather where Dave Letterman tapes his show...bright lights big city!!!!! After a short visit though I was glad to be home...

I saw Annie Duke tonight on 1 vs 100......I didnt catch the begining but she did quite well right up til the last question and then lost $250,000??? I believe on a question about who was married the most times...Henry VIII or Larry King... everyone including Annie went with King Henry except for one person who choose Larry King...(haaaa 2 KINGS)

Larry has 7 ....Henry VIII only 6....

Bam....Annie lost ...also knocked out Ken Jennings (Jeopardy champ) and also the guy who beat Ken Jennings....

Ask Annie how many time Larry King was married...I bet she knows...lol
    She is quite clever and had a great thought process on the show...I was really sad when she lost on the very last question...she is a very smart lady!!!