This Week's Guest

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Joep, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Joep

Joep Active Member

This weeks guest will be John Ressman who is one of the most accomplished Tournament players ever to sit at a tournament table.

He has made all 3 Final tables in the first 2 UBT Tour Stops this season.

3 tournaments 3 Final Table

I'm sure he will have a lot to offer our audience as far as his style of play for the UBT format, and his years of tournament experience that we can learn from.

Links to the show

www.klav1230am.com/lowbandwith/liveonair.htm

or

www.worldblackjackchampion.com

phone numbers to the show

1-866-820-5528
    or 702-731-1230

Joep

2. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Joe,

As one who is NOT familiar with BJ players can you give us a Bio for John in advance to the radio show. Also can we post questions here for you to ask the guest in case we can't call in?

3. Joep

Joep Active Member

Please Ask

Yes please feel free to post any questions that you would like asked of John. John was playing back when Stanford Wong had teams playing in all types of tournaments Some of the players on the team were Anthony Curtis ,Blair Rodman, Russ Hamilton ,Fred David all great tournament names who have all come back to play/and invent and consult for the UBT Tour

John has won the StarBust tournament 2 times along with many other tournaments and has over 100 Final table appearance's in major Tournaments.

He has been playing full-time since 1980

Joep

4. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Joe,

John Ressman is the guest for this weeks show. Since I won't be able to call in here are some things I would like to know from John:

1. Brief history of his days of playing with Sanford Wong and their team
    2. How would he compare EBJ to the traditional TBJ
    3. How does "team play" in BJT work?
    4. thoughts about how live TBJ compares on online TBJ
    5. Any advice to new TBJ players

These are just a few of my thoughts/questions that I would ask John if I were to call in. Excuse me for the ignorant questions but with someone who has the experience that he and the original Wong team have I would rather be a sponge and soak up any advice.

5. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Future guests

Hey Joe,

For future guests, how about some poker players who are now playing EBJ - lets get THEIR thoughts and perspectives about EBJ

Phil Helmuth
    Annie Duke
    Freddie Deeb

Also try following up with ex-Senator Frists office about the online gambling bill.

6. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Future guest. Barry Who???

Joe,

How about an interview with Barry Hearn?

This could be just the man to bring televised Blackjack tournaments to Britain and Europe. He has always been at the forefront when it comes to the promotion and development of popular games and pastimes.

Apparently Barry does not mind giving interviews so you could bring him up to speed with the current Blackjack situation and ask him whether or not he would be interested in making more millions!!!

I am sure that you could use your charm on him and wet his appetite for the beautiful game so that me, Reachy and London Colin may eventually get in a live Blackjack tournament.

Television executives and tournament promoters such as Kevin Belkinoff, Russ Hamilton and Rick Jensen may also be interested in this guy. Not forgetting the players.

Ps If you do decide to telephone Barry, remember the time zone difference and then hit the record button.

Here is the link for Barry Hearn and Matchroom Promotions.

http://www.matchroomsport.com/staticPage.asp?strPageName=Barry_Hearn

Andy (well you have to try) :)

7. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

Hat

Gotta ask about the origins of the famous straw hat. :)

8. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Barry Hearn

You may be on to something, Andy. He may not be a prime choice for an interview, but he certainly could be worth contacting by anyone seeking to get tournaments started over here.

I'd seen him playing in one of the televised poker tournaments, but didn't realise he was also promoting it! Once he gets bored with that, he's bound to be looking for the next big thing. :)